Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Jan-2006, 12:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
I used to luv Wolfie... er... when I was at nursrey school, that is.....
Old 25-Jan-2006, 12:53
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Its the spirit of the thing that counts CK, lets get away from all the arguing and start having fun !!!.
Old 25-Jan-2006, 12:54
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

chocolate?
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Depends where its applied ?
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
It was all discussed openly and agreed as a workable compromise, I'm still at a loss to understand why some riders feel that the MT will want to oppose their interests ? I've NEVER said this and defy anyone to say where I have if they think it to be the case.

There are also club liability issues to consider as far as how we run things .

Lets try and take Michaels lead and lighten things up a bit, great avatar mate !!!, didn't realise you were around when "Citizen Smith" was on the box, (or is it back on UK Gold?)

Wolfie of the "Tooting Popular Front". I take my hat off to you for trying to defuse the situation

LOL.....cant see anywhere where anyone has mentioned your name with regard to the DD let alone you opposing riders interests.?.....

Besides who are you........:..apart from sum1 who loves side cars........

" tooting Popular Front " have not heard that in ages....wow are we really all that old............

[Edited on 25-1-2006 by fil2]
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:13
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

But back to the question Paul - the riders do need to look after their own fellow riders - after all - they are the ones who are experiencing things at the sharp (or gravelly) end.
I notice that the reps dont have to be riders - bit of an anomaly that isnt it tho? - better to have the guys (n'gels) elect peeps from their group I would have thought.
Voted in, they can be just as easily removed by theri fellow riders, if they dont represent them all fairly.

C

ps: melted
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK

I notice that the reps dont have to be riders - bit of an anomaly that isnt it tho? - better to have the guys (n'gels) elect peeps from their group I would have thought.
Voted in, they can be just as easily removed by theri fellow riders, if they dont represent them all fairly.

C

well there is going to be a vote so im sure 2 actual riders will be elected.
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:57
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK

C

well there is going to be a vote so im sure 2 actual riders will be elected.

Precisely but we've not precluded any other eligible member from putting themselves forward have we ?

For all I know there may be some very appropriate person with a balanced viewpoint who you (riders) may prefer, I can't see how this compromises you or anybody else ?. The riders still get to choose in what will be a fairly run ballot.

You are right in saying that if they don't come up to the mark you can ask for them to be replaced but wouldn't it be better for ALL concerned to start 2006 as fairly and democratically as possible ?.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I thought we'd made some positive steps during the 9 hour long Management Team meeting held at my house last Saturday ?

I'm not sure how spending so much of our own free time trying to get a workable compromise on a number of issues can lead to us being accused of not being interested ?
Old 25-Jan-2006, 13:59
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
fwiw i think its a very good step forward.
Old 25-Jan-2006, 14:00
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

LOL.....cant see anywhere where anyone has mentioned your name with regard to the DD let alone you opposing riders interests.?.....

Besides who are you........:..apart from sum1 who loves side cars........

Is the question "who am I to have the right to an opinion ?" or "who am I ?"

Yes I do still love sidecars, amongst other things, having spent many years racing them at all the circuits you guys are now competing on

Didn't mention, the piccy is of the F2 outfit I built and ran with various independently obtained sponsorship. I'm still looking for the F2 outfit that had an 888 engine as if I could find it I'd rebuild it and convert it for the road in my well appointed engineering workshop.

Best constipation cure known to mankind

[Edited on 25-1-2006 by Paul James]