Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Jul-2005, 13:29
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I think they're doing it for gullible suckers who want the latest bling

JPM - U2U'd you.
Old 21-Jul-2005, 13:34
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Put me in for one then please!
Old 23-Jul-2005, 19:43

Ducati Race swing arm

FFWIW - the Ducati Performance swing arm is slightly lighter than, but looks very similar to the item fitted to 04-05 bikes - it comes complete with all the bolts, nuts etc, new bearings and even a carbon chain guard. It costs around £900 + vat which relative to other Ducati parts is reasonable. Because it is a part destined for racers the bits included, instructions and extra freebies are much better that you get with the normal road stuff - at least that's what my dealer told me.
Of course it won't improve performance on the road or even for a track day rider however it looks a lot better than that horrible spindlly little thing that Ducati fitted to earlier bikes and have now decided not to - I've fitted one and I am very happy - £900 is the equivalent to a few carbon bits and some shiny metal things which we all adorn our bikes with and also do absolutely nothing but just look good.
If we bought things solely on the basis of function we would'nt all be riding Ducati's - we'd all be on ER500 or some other boring, cheap and economical bike that Which Magazine recommends - My advise - contrary to everyone else is ... if you like one, want one ....then buy one .... you pays your money and you takes your choice !
Changing the brake calipers .... now that is a waste of money ... the Brembo ones are perfectly good .... oops there I go ... now I'm at it !!http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...ilies/sing.gif
Old 23-Jul-2005, 23:32
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Spill the beans-what was the outcome?-WE SHOULD BE TOLD!