Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:29
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
2nd Service

Hi guys

Just back from a fantastic weekend at the first ever offical National Ducati Rally over here in NZ.

Anyway tied the rally in with my twelve month service as the local dealer is about 375 miles away. Booked it in about a month ago and told the dealer that the bike only has about 4000 miles on it.

When I arrive the mechanic said he didn't need to do anything until the bike has done 6000 miles as the second service is based on distance. He said the next big one is at two years or 12000 miles which ever comes first.

Is that correct? I now have to do a 750 mile round trip when I get to 6000 miles
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:33
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
I was led to believe it was milage (6000) or time (12 months) what ever came first, so you would be correct not him.

I would assume from a warranty point of view you would want to observe the above.
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:34
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I like how they leave that until you turn up!! Like it's hard to pick up the phone!!!

Any pics of the rally?
Old 19-Apr-2005, 23:58
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
TP - One pic attached. About 100 odd Duc's. The sound was unreal. Some how I managed to win a trophy for best 8-valve superbike. They had a marking sheet and checked all sorts of stuff. I was well pleased

I'd just travelled nearly 400 miles to be told it didn't need anything other than maybe an oil change (which I had already done) He looked like he was flat out working on another bike and was off to the rally the next day also (on a Friday)

I mentioned that the service manual states 12 months or 10,000km which ever comes first (It was also 12 months since the time of purchase). They said they could stamp the service manual if I wanted and I said what the hell am I doing here, the bloke servicing the bikes didn't even know I was coming, so if the bike had 10,000 km on it I don't think they would have had consumables like fuel filters etc to replace during the service
Old 20-Apr-2005, 07:10
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by jobr
I was led to believe it was milage (6000) or time (12 months) what ever came first, so you would be correct not him.

I would assume from a warranty point of view you would want to observe the above.
jobr is correct,the service schedule is time and/or milage dependant.
As you have only done 4k miles,the valves are not due to be checked.The dealer should have still carried out an interim service and checked/lubed/adjusted everything else!
Sounds to me they could'nt be arsed to do the work just so he could make it to the rally.