Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Feb-2005, 02:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
For god\'s sake, nobody mention....

.....diesel!!!!

I may not have binned it, but surely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, I deserve the muppet award........

Ooops.

Ali
Honoray Muppet
Old 13-Feb-2005, 03:47
Dibble

erm no .... the muppet award is only applicable to trackday (not racing) incidents riding a Ducati ... and definately not road accidents ....

sorry mate ... but the muppet award is a DSC institution that cannot be diluted ....

Old 13-Feb-2005, 09:39
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Ali,Fil2 told me about the can mix up. I will being putting a big D on my "just in case I run out of Diesel in my Transit van"red can. I hope your day was'nt to spoilt. But by all accounts you had a good "Test out" Regards 4D
Old 13-Feb-2005, 10:11
Ducati Meccanica

Fordie: Had a blinding day out (huge thanks for the use of the van), can't believe how great Cadwell is, and the weather played ball for most of the day.

Only missed one session due to completely failing to notice that I was filling my beauty with satan's oily filth...... Quick drain of the tank, rinse out, and she was back on track for the next session whizzing and popping like a good 'un.

Overall I think we were both pretty stoked at how the little 600s handled the day, consistently tracking down and munching much larger bikes. Gearing is something of an issue, but the suspension handled the highs/lows and gale force winds, and brakes (both standard and uprated) seemed more than up to the job at hand.

It's worth saying that the day started wet (rivers running across the track, went to damp for the second session (with a few dry lines) and finished dry for the last few sessions, and the Diablos didn't give out once despite being ridden ragged in some very sketchy conditions.

Finally a big shout to Kelly for putting up with seven hours of 'race-talk' and to Fil2 for doing all the loading, driving and complaining about carb-icing......

Cheers,

Ali
Old 13-Feb-2005, 10:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Glad to hear it went so well, Ali. You had me worried there fore a moment when I saw the title of the thread.

We need a new award, as Dibble, Sargeant in charge of Muppet Etiquette has refused you the right to claim it.

How about a Plonker Prize for the Prize Plonker?

Just need to think of an Avatar -
Old 13-Feb-2005, 11:27
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Ali,i think wrer on to something here,maybe the race committee should consider the first three in race one having to use "PETER FORD SPECIAL RESERVE " for the second race,anyone winning two races in a row would have to run on it for the rest of the season!
Going back to Cadwell yesterday Chris and i had our best day ever,we both declared the little monster an absolute hoot,not as slow as we thought it was going to be and a real gem in the twisty bits.
The diablo's were quite simply stunning in the wet with lots of feel and grip as well as being very progressive when they did start to slide(Chris's words -not mine).
Chris loved Cadwell(his 1st time) and had a great morning "playing "with an RSV factory (he couldnt get far enough ahead down the straights to stop Chris repassing him in the next series of corners).
Although the 620 was visably quicker than the 600's i think the big bore kit will even things up nicely.
After lunch the 890 was looking quite lonely in the van so it had to have an outing so Chris iand I spent the aftrnoon on it ,with the sun out and a dry track it was awesome so much so that Chris wants to do the SOT on it Allin all a great day with great company and heres to many more
Butch
Old 13-Feb-2005, 11:39
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
what about me Weeksy?
Old 13-Feb-2005, 16:58
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Nice work guys...Ali DONT make any opening posts like that again !!! Scared the Bejesus outta me - thought you'd crashed before the first race !!!!!!!

Frank
Old 13-Feb-2005, 17:41
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
Nice work guys...Ali DONT make any opening posts like that again !!! Scared the Bejesus outta me - thought you'd crashed before the first race !!!!!!!

Frank

No way! Tried very hard, but she wouldn't let go......

Didn't exactly help going out after the diesel nightmare with a nice diesel/petrol mix covering the tyres.

Ali
Old 13-Feb-2005, 17:47
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Lovely to meet you Ali.

You too you old crooner! Podium finish for the pub quiz was a result.