Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:18
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
I think it was pilot error, Paul (Bionicle)

I thought i rode bikes not flew them , Yep i am sure in my mind it was error on my side, i had already been round once and seen the two guys sat on the tyre wall, second time round i went round someone on the outside at charlies 1 and am sure i got my line wrong for charlies 2 saw the front wheel drift over the white line tried to push it back out onto the track but the front touched the grass and that was it, so i took up position with the other two and watched the rest of the session from there

Hats off to the marshal though he quised me as to why i had fallen asking if there was anything on the track, and even went back for another look to be sure even after i told him it was my fault.
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:20
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
I think it was pilot error, Paul (Bionicle) said that he went round a couple of bikes exiting Charlies 1 & when he went to turn into Charlies 2 it was a bit late & he did a Rattler & clipped the grass with the front wheel (you can see this in the picture I put on the other post) & down he went, not to much damage to the bike & apart from scuffed leathers he was ok.

Chris

are the old Rattler syndrome a
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:21
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I thought i rode bikes not flew them , Yep i am sure in my mind it was error on my side, i had already been round once and seen the two guys sat on the tyre wall, second time round i went round someone on the outside at charlies 1 and am sure i got my line wrong for charlies 2 saw the front wheel drift over the white line tried to push it back out onto the track but the front touched the grass and that was it, so i took up position with the other two and watched the rest of the session from there

Hats off to the marshal though he quised me as to why i had fallen asking if there was anything on the track, and even went back for another look to be sure even after i told him it was my fault.

B u g g e r!!!

A bit of bad luck really, nevermind. Thanks for saying that about the marshall's though, I thought they were excellent.

What was it like watching from there? I've never walked around out there to watch anyone.
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:24
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
B u g g e r!!!

A bit of bad luck really, nevermind. Thanks for saying that about the marshall's though, I thought they were excellent.

What was it like watching from there? I've never walked around out there to watch anyone.

You like her don't you tiger.

Your right mate the mashells were excellent both days.
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:28
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
You like her don't you tiger.

Your right mate the mashells were excellent both days.

Cheeky bastid! I actually meant the bloke who was heading up the show (forgotten his name), I was impressed how they organised things. If that was a track day run by a few other TDO's it would have been a red flag. They worked with WJB quite well and there was an excellent rapport between them.

WJB is an excellent asset to this club!

Gissa go on the CBR WJB?
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:34
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Gissa go on the CBR WJB?

Yeah, what he said - can I play on the CB though?

Old habits and that
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:35
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Another quick note of thanks to the Marrshalls and also the Cadwell medics - I did get a check-up as they were concerned about neck/back injuries.

All was fine fortunately, but they were decent, thorough guys and although I didn't initially want the check-up I'm relieved that they insisted as it put my mind at rest that the aches and pains I felt were not serious.

Tim
Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:37
MotoGP God

I fancy a go on the CB as well actually, I could have had a go but forgot about it!

Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:41
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I fancy a go on the CB as well actually, I could have had a go but forgot about it!

Not everyone can harness the power though TP.

Be careful what you wish for

Old 26-Aug-2006, 20:43
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Not everyone can harness the power though TP.

Be careful what you wish for

You're right, I was quite intimidated by the whole thing but I had a good chat with WJB and he set my mind at ease.