Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Aug-2005, 23:10
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Aaaah, that takes me back!

KH series - killing machines. I had a few KH250 bikes- one of them had a cheng sin front tyre and an avon skidmaster rear tyre. I could slide the front until it howled like an american car on crossplies while making sparks off the rear stand and exhausts.

Put the willies up other riders at night when I slid past on the inside of them on left hand bends I can tell you!

Was behind a mate who did a very passable impression of a red arrow when he lost the front end at 60mph while riding his KH400 and promptly looped the loop trailing blue smoke.

Another mate did the same with a brand new demo KH500 ....VERY expensive 5 minute test ride that was!

Those were the days
Old 25-Aug-2005, 01:38
Montjuic

Sorry Nat I have to agree, not a bad bike but extreme "gayboy" leathers!!
Old 25-Aug-2005, 08:44
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally posted by bitchinSP4
Sorry Nat I have to agree, not a bad bike but extreme "gayboy" leathers!!

..Free entry to the blue oyster club mind you mate..

Nat
Old 25-Aug-2005, 14:02
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
suppose I'll have to try and dig out some pics of me on my fzr complete with 'wriggly worm' leathers & boots + laser lid = 1 helluva dodgy looking pic...well Ok maybe I won't dig out any pics afte all
Old 25-Aug-2005, 14:32
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
175 BSA Bantam of indeterminate age that I had in 1975. It was my road bike on which I hoped to pass my test.

My other bike was an Ossa 250 MAR which I bought new and cost me nearly £600 in the days when a Jap 250 road bike would cost about £350. The Ossa was road registered and had a set of lights that worked off the magneto (yes, magneto) but since I also did trials on it the lights had usually been smeared over the nearest hillside during the weekend, or the handlebars would be bent to buggery after dropping it or flipping it. Not the sort of bike you'd impress an examiner with if it had bits dropping off and bent bits after a trial.

Hence the Bantam. A dirt cheap road bike that would be good enough to do my test on. Never managed to get the pre-mix right and it would start to nip up if it didn't have loads of oil (seem to remember 16:1) and this was in the days before synthetic so I would be going down the road with 2 stroke smoke belching out of the exhaust - until the exhaust spat it's baffles out which happened every 10-15 miles - once in front of a police car. The electrics on it were a nightmare as well and the brake light (which was the main reason I wanted the bike so the examiner could see me braking properly) would play up - in fact the whole rear light was hit and miss.

On the morning of the test, it wouldn't start, so I did the test on the Ossa after all - needless to say the Ossa's lights weren't working so I did my whole test on hand signals. This was in the days of the examiner just watching you ride around the block and nipping through alleyways to keep you in sight. The 'low speed control' test was fun on a trials bike though all you had to do was ride alongside the examiner at walking pace, and with the Ossa in first gear he had to keep stopping for me to catch up
Old 25-Aug-2005, 18:27
Mille

Jawa Jupiter and sidecar God that was one ugly bike , Bought it for the comute to work , think i paid a tenner for it On my third trip out on it the sidecar lifted on a tight lefthander and put me into a wall funnily enough ive never ridden an outfit since
Old 25-Aug-2005, 18:41
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s Tric

Mood: Tricolore :)
Puch Maxi when I was 14 - bought it off a mate who had fitted a Raleigh Chopper seat to it. It was awful, I had it 3 days and the magneto went. Crap, just crap.