Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Apr-2006, 10:19
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Alan,
the last 851s had the same size valves (33mm inlet and 29mm exhaust, I think) and cams as the 888 & 916Bip.
Bottom end components are pretty much identical, except no oil cooler as standard.
Well, mine's like that anyway!
I have a workshop Manuel if you want me to copy any of the engine pages?
I also have a book by Paolo Conti which has some good pics of the early 4-valve bikes, but they are mainly red....

Cheers, paul
Old 18-Apr-2006, 16:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
cheers all

paul if you fancy a cuppa one evening.....................
and big thanks to nelly you have been very helpful mate
Old 18-Apr-2006, 18:04
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
any race rep pics please of 851 as cant find any so far.
have just got my 851 today and it will need a repaint as is black with guiness harp logos.

...Who the bluddy hell let him in..?? - were a select bunch in here dont you know..???!!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of 851 ownership Al..i'll give you a shout if that gear comes in..

Good to catch up the weekend mate..

Nat
Old 18-Apr-2006, 19:02
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
you could always go for a 955 kit, if she's being pulled down good and proper you might as well go for it + big valves to ease breathing. Cams would be nice as well of course - lots of options - have fun.....
Old 18-Apr-2006, 19:04
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
any race rep pics please of 851 as cant find any so far.
have just got my 851 today and it will need a repaint as is black with guiness harp logos.
Hmm,saw a Guiness harp 851 at Olivers Mount Scarborough some years ago,did'nt do much for me I have to say.
If you have a '92 bike,there is only one rep you should consider,....Doug Polens bike from that year.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 21:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

it was a cheshire bike till 2 years ago and got full dealer s/h till then. started in london for its 1st year then went north.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 21:57

NOOOO white wheels, don't even go there! I had them on my '92 Strada, the previous owner must have liked them. The first time you use the brakes they're covered in brake dust and when it rains they're covered in ****, a real pain in the arse to keep clean! I took the wheels off and had them painted black as original, 100% better. If I wanted something to polish I'd buy a set of HORSE BRASSES! but that's just my opinion. I prefer to spend my time riding my bikes and not polishing them. Oh, and by the way, the 851/888 should be red or the Ducati equivilent of the KKK should visit you and burn a Harley on your lawn!(well we don't want to waste a good Ducati, or any other decent motorcycle!) Yours Steve R 3 Ducati's in the shed, but one of them's yellow(250 Desmo disc) P.S I don't mind p*****g off Harley owners because most of them are posers!
Old 18-Apr-2006, 22:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

the wheels are black centers with what was polished rims.

AK
ps you dont know my colour vision very well:P c has the only red bike in the garage
Old 18-Apr-2006, 23:36

It was your comment "i don't want just another red bike in the garage"that had me fooled!but really these are something special!and red doe's look the dogs nads.We don't want to scorch your lawn..........do we! Steve R