Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Mar-2009, 23:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Most of Saturday to wander round the paddock, spot the latest must have bling, gossip about who's done what over the winter, psyche out the opposition, wind each other up, etc, etc...........oh and maybe few laps round the circuit

What better way to spend a Saturday??

or

Why not take some binoculars a pen and a notebook, its the ideal opportunity to see if plane spotting if for you

Ray.
Old 06-Mar-2009, 00:19
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The Dutch Ducati club will be racing there too, with their Ducati exotica, including I'm sure some very trick production bikes and a few Pierebons and NCRs thrown in for good measure.

Nice.
Old 06-Mar-2009, 00:42
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
The Dutch Ducati club will be racing there too, with their Ducati exotica, including I'm sure some very trick production bikes and a few Pierebons and NCRs thrown in for good measure.

Nice.

Some of these may be there, the Red/white Pierobon was at Brands last year, I went and had a couple of chats with the rider

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...8#postid557958

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Mar-2009, 08:55
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Spot on Steve.
Some others need a good dose of Chopper Read!

Quite right Nick,

If I just go out and torture some drug dealers for their cash, get King Kong tattooed on my belly and lop off an ear, the gigantic p155 take that NE are offering up won't seem half so bad.

and Mr Payne, you won't get a place up the finishing order that easily mate!

Doesn't bother me too much, but if people in the real world wanted to do the trackday on the Thursday as well, that would most likely mean 4 days off work for some.....but at least there'll be some Dutch Ducati's to make up for the loss in wages.

La, lalalalalaaaaaaa!

Some of you guys are just making statements to appear cool and unaffected by it all.

Rattler always stated he hates whingers, and I agree. I hate pirates more though!
Old 06-Mar-2009, 10:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Why not take some binoculars a pen and a notebook, its the ideal opportunity to see if plane spotting if for you

Old 06-Mar-2009, 10:26
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
thats pretty cack, having qual on one day and races the next... is it even ACU legal? thought you HAD to have a 3 lap minimum practice on the day of racing?
Old 06-Mar-2009, 13:30
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty
thats pretty cack, having qual on one day and races the next... is it even ACU legal? thought you HAD to have a 3 lap minimum practice on the day of racing?

Not as far as I can see (sadly). This is from the Sporting code:

3.24 MINIMUM PRACTICE PERIOD
1. For any race there must be a minimum period for practice on the actual course, the details of which must be stated in the Supplementary Regulations.

And from the Road Race section of the ACU handbook:

CHAPTER 4
PRACTICE
4.1 Time must be put aside for the practice sessions and these must be defined in the Supplementary Regulations for the meeting.
1. Riders will commence practice under the instructions of the Start Officials.
2. The duration of each practice session will commence from the time the pit lane opens and will finish (chequered flag) not less than 10 minutes later.
3. The end of practice will be indicated by the waving of a chequered flag at which time the pit exit will be closed. A rider's time will continue to be recorded until he passes the finish line after the allotted time has lapsed.
4. If practice is interrupted due to an incident or any other reason then a red flag will be displayed at the start line and at marshals posts. All riders must return slowly to the pit lane or as otherwise instructed by the Marshals under the direction of the Clerk of the Course.
5. When the practice is restarted the time remaining will be decided by the Clerk of the Course.
Old 06-Mar-2009, 13:44
Bevel Head

So how come the Dutch Ducatis get 20 mins practice and 20 mins qualifying on Saturday, and we just get 20 mins qualifying?

Is it because we're expected to pay £140 for the Thursday practice?
Old 06-Mar-2009, 14:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
probably because they paid a block booking in advance of £6000 or more to secure they get a grid.
If we paid £12k well in advance we would also probably have two grids (4 races) and timed and untimed practice.
Trouble with that is if only 10 riders enter it costs them £1200 each, with the old system the £200 deposits could have went to paying for the grid, so if 60 were enterd in DD and 40 didn't turn up then there would be £8k of the cost with the other 20 riders paying £200 for their entry and they could each do 4 races

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Mar-2009, 15:03
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Thumbs down Too good to be true!!

So this posted a couple of weeks ago, .....

"Here is New Era's race format for 2009

RACE DAY FORMAT
There will be significant changes to the race day format in that Timed Practice will be discontinued in favour of Qualifying Races.
This means that the first races during the day will act as qualifiers for the main Championship Races in the afternoon. Grid Stickers will be issued at Signing-On. Grid positions for these races will be allocated at Signing On. All of this will save time messing about in the Assembly Area. The fastest laps in each Class will count for Grid Positions in the Championship Races - the fastest in each Class being allocated Pole Position etc etc. The remainder of the grid will be established according to the remaining fastest lap times in order.
This means that, effectively, the meetings will be run to a "three race" format this year - and the accent will be on reducing the delays between races and, consequently, the time riders may have to spend in the Assembly Area with tyres going cold. At the same time a high degree of co-operation will be expected of our riders in order to achieve these objectives as obviously riders falling of towards the end of races will almost inevitably introduce some delays".

Was just flim flam and BULL SHIRT !!!!!!!