Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Mar-2011, 17:37
Mille

Mood: Running in 848
ST2 low beam

I've head they're not that good. What are the options for upgrading?

New bulb?
HID kit?
Old 29-Mar-2011, 11:45
Montjuic

The front light isn't any good at night at all really. The spread of light is OK, but the intensity of it is not. The result of this is simply that you ride slower at night and then it's not so bad.

You could upgrade the bulbs to something more powerful and this would be the simple and cheapest option.
I did come across a company in America that supplied a new front headlamp assembly to fit in the nose. It replaced the current headlamp with two round ones - they were claimed to be a vast improvement but cost (I think) a few hundred dollars. And they obviously make the bike look totally different.

It is a shame that the standard lamps were so poor on a bike that was designed at least partially as a tourer, but I must admit that it doesn't really bother me much as I've only ridden at night on a couple of occasions. Basically, I want to be where I'm going before nightfall anyway.