Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Apr-2011, 21:33
Mille

Urgent help please non starting

Guys, bike been standing for a few months, on a trickle charger all this time, wheeled it out prior to getting back on the road, washed, tyres and lubes checked and adjusted, turned on the ignition key, all the lights and display did there thing, pushed the starter button expecting the roar, but nothing, not even a turn over or click, the fuel pump is working, the kill switch is on, battery seems okay, display showing 12volts, I have checked the fuses, the ones by the front and the 2 by the battery. Please any ideas before it's carted off to the garage ? Just one last thing, I had to move the bike during the storage, I I unplugged the charger, when I plugged it back in the pins on the lead attached to the battery shorted for a split second, could I have cooked something? Any suggestions appreciated. Cheer Andy
Old 24-Apr-2011, 23:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
does the immobiliser indicator go off at the end of the power up sequence after turning the key to ON
If so I would be trying to bypass the starter solinoid and getting 12 volts straight to the starter motor to see if it fires up when the engines turned over, to determine if its just the starter solinoid circuit or if its a bit more complicated.

Being honest I would probably plug my Mathesis in first but above is one of the things I would be trying if I didn't have any diagnostic tools

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Apr-2011, 21:04
Ducati Corse

Without insulting your intelligence,Is your Side stand still down?
Old 26-Apr-2011, 08:12
Mille

all sorted now, took the starter solenoid off and stuck 12v across it and it was working fine, put it all back together and it started, my be it was stuck!!!!! Anyway thanks for the help.