Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-May-2005, 21:06
Ducati Corse

Bad news mate.Could be something simple(hopefully) like the alternator nut coming loose.When my flywheel went walkabout there were alot more symptoms than just vibratation!Like the flames licking out of the bike!
Old 27-May-2005, 21:12
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Any news yet mate? Hope it's not too serious. Again, you can always use my bike for trackdays, cos you know I'm banned until after August 6th.

I know it's only a scabby old ST2 but it seems to keep up with your 888
Old 27-May-2005, 21:33
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Spoke to Carl tonight,he`s going to whip the clutch off and have a look at that,alternator and flywheel seems ok drop the oil out and have it analysed,carbon deposits,white metal,etc,etc,etc.Still to early to say what is actually wrong
I`m still on a high from the BMF weekend at the moment so a few weeks away from the bike and with the family won`t do any harm(not sure if the wife would agree thou)
Got Cataluyna looming,WSB on the telly,lots to do around the house,so not to fussed at the mo' It`s you guys who I feel sorry for,with no Sparkin in your lifes
Thanks for the offer Jls 80% rider and 20% bike is the answer to that you hoooooligan!Can`t remember you passing me at Rocky thou........oh, I know why,I was still in the garages while it was raining
Old 04-Jun-2005, 01:25
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Got the T8 back now after the oil has been tested and Carls had a good look round and ride it.The oil test showed no major faults slight trace of brass,possibly valve guide and seal wear after 25000 miles,but other wise it seems ok.There is slight play in the clutch bearing,but nothing major so weather permiting I'm going to try and get out on it the weekend with Rooney and Dodgy and ride it at it's normal pace
This may sound stupid(yes I know I sound stupid all the time!)but when I noticed it I was wearing different kit ie goves,corduro etc and trundling home nackered from the BMF at considerably less rpm than I normally ride.So it could be a case of "Stupid Sparkin" but if thats the case it`s a lot cheaper!!