Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Mar-2006, 14:52
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
I appreciate that, but if you also pick a month at random from last year (say July 2005) when there should in theory be LOADS of entries from DSC'ers attending TD's all over the place...there are only three members that have entered anything...only three doing TD's in July??

...and if you check in the forum you'll find the same thing!

I really don't care if people use the calendar or not. It's a tool that suits the job better than posting to the forum, but, as they say, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" !

The problem is apathy of the members to actually post, and I'm sure that doesn't matter whether it's the board or the calendar site.

But then what do I know!

[Edited on 22-3-2006 by antonye]
Old 22-Mar-2006, 14:55
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well I think that it's a really cool plug-in to the DSC site and one that enables the whole of the DSC membership to use it for all sorts of events - not just trackdays, so I would love to see it used by Regional Organisers for example so that it was easy for them to see what was going on where.

I've spoken to Antonye about this and it's a great addition to the current facilities of the site and badly needed.

One day we may get one of those whizzy new bits of forum software that include this function as an intrinsic part of the software, but until then I would like to suggest that we all use it for any DSC related event.

Completely agree with the apathy thing as well, it seems to me to take no more time to contribute to the calendar than it does to the board

[Edited on 22-3-2006 by Jools]
Old 22-Mar-2006, 15:01
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Ok, no worries. Still don't see how that's going to solve the apathy problem though!

You only have to look at some of the threads in the TD section of this board...someone post saying 'I'm doing a TD next week at XXXXX anyone else!?!' and suddenly halve a dozen others either reply saying...'yep, me also' or 'was thinking about it and now I'll book'.

People use this board...people don't (at the moment) use the calendar.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 15:09
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Well I think that it's a really cool plug-in to the DSC site and one that enables the whole of the DSC membership to use it for all sorts of events - not just trackdays, so I would love to see it used by Regional Organisers for example so that it was easy for them to see what was going on where.

I've spoken to Antonye about this and it's a great addition to the current facilities of the site and badly needed.

One day we may get one of those whizzy new bits of forum software that include this function as an intrinsic part of the software, but until then I would like to suggest that we all use it for any DSC related event.

Completely agree with the apathy thing as well, it seems to me to take no more time to contribute to the calendar than it does to the board

[Edited on 22-3-2006 by Jools]

Good points Jools...but in my opinion, if it doesn't get used...then its useless.

We already have threads going here there and everywhere for other matters such as DD/rideouts/megameets/fun events etc., whay does this all also need repeating somewhere else...causing yet more diversion and confusion?

In my opinion, its one of those management type proposals...sounds great in practice (trust me, I think on paper it is a really good idea, and very well executed by Ant)...but in reality it just doesn't hit the mark.

Perhaps for DSC related events as you say Jools, this is something that it could be used for in a very successful way, with the organisers of said events adding the details to the calendar, but for the average user who books onto a TD today, for next week, they are just not going to bother with it.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 15:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello Harv 748

What you planning, I would like to do Brands again.

regards

TopiToo
Old 22-Mar-2006, 17:33
500SD

i think the track day calendar is an excellent tool but i didn't know it existed! porbably been told about it before but got the memory of a sieve!

why cant we have a thread sticky'd in this forum with a link in it to?
everyone would then see it every time then and it serve as a good reminder
Old 22-Mar-2006, 17:58
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
The calendar thread was stickied in this forum before, but I guess it has since been deleted!
Old 22-Mar-2006, 18:14
Big Twin

Already have a sticky in my diary to have this discussion again in 12 months time...does that count
Old 22-Mar-2006, 18:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
The trouble with the calendar is that you cant watch the discussions !

I posted about doing brands gp for instance
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=30702
and there are a few interested.
So, I will be using the forum to see if a few of us can actually agree on which date is best.
You never know, if we book together, we might get a free lunch or something