Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Jul-2003, 19:08
Mille

Mood: yes mistress
Diablo\'s again

I am getting a new tyre tomorrow, and can't decide on the Pirelli Diablo, or the diablo Corsa. I read the prevous warning on the Corsa, so this was a bit off putting. But is the Corsa the one to have, and is the fault on that tyre just a rogue one off. I have been quoted £110 for the standard and £130 for the Corsa fitted and inc vat. Any body got any advice?
Old 05-Aug-2003, 13:10
Montjuic

Mood: Waiting for the Sunshine
Custard,

only my persoanl view, but std Corsa's are probably the worst tyres i've had - the grip and feel was useless (on a 998). Damn back wheel used to frequently 'step out' .

I've got 207RR's on now- much grippier and better feel and last fairly well.
Also lets the bike turn-in better, and still only £140 a pair (if you shop around).

On my race bike, i run Pirelli Supercorsas (same tyre as Rennsports) - fantastic grip once up to temperature, but don't last long!.
Old 05-Aug-2003, 19:13
Bevel Head

Mood: HELL YES !!
standard diablo is all you need for the road it lasts well and it grips dry and wet - now i'm not the fastest but by no means the slowest and i've done abot 1500 mile on them and there far better than the dragon evo's i had on previous (and the front was a corsa) also MCN gave them top marks recently if you hanker after a professional opinion
Old 05-Aug-2003, 22:27
Mille

Mood: The medication helps!
Diablo 4 sale

I am selling a rear 180 Diablo if you are interested. See in the for sale section.

Mark
Old 29-Aug-2003, 17:25
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
diablo\'s

Ride a 888 - diablo on the front dragon evo back,find the front gives far more feedback than previous pirelli plus it seems more supple.
i have gone through 3 back tyres in 4500 miles and one front.
i paid £180 for a pair of diablos fitted the rear will be fitted when the dragon dies (soon) no extra cost!
PBS in Portslade very helpfull and carefull with rims"
ian
Old 03-Sep-2003, 21:26
Mille

Mood: yes mistress
Diablos

I had the Diablo corsa fitted, apart from it leaking presure for the first couple of days, (now sorted) I'm very pleased with it, gets very hot very quick, very sticky, first day almost got it of the edges. Only £120 fitted
Rich

[Edited on 28-07-03 by custard]
Old 03-Sep-2003, 21:39

hi custard just bought a pair diablo corsas have you got 180 rear also what preasures you running on the road a track