Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jun-2006, 11:14
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Snetterton - The race meeting

The entry regs state the following...

Maximum starters: 40
Entry Fees: £110 for the first 2 races per day

Sat Races: 2 x 10 lap NON-championship
Sun Races: 1 x 20 lap Championship

Therefore, it looks like it's a combined grid for all 3(?) races and £220 in entries. If that is the case, then I thought we could split the long race in to two 10 lappers, and that would either allow each class to have it's own grid and a 10 lap race each day - or keep the combined grids, but have 4 races over the weekend.

I also think that the races should be points scoring races - why would you travel all the way to Snetterton, pay £110 and go out for 20 laps - for no points???? Erm... Trackdays at Snett cost £80 for 2 hours!!

New Era have allocated the time for 4 races, so we should use it (plus, qualifying on Sat & a free praccy on Sunday).

If 40+ riders turn up, why not have 2 races per class - one per day, but if only 40 people are making the trip, why not have 4 x 10 lap (combined grid) races - maximum tracktime for our money.

I have emailed the RC to find out some answers etc, but thought it would be interesting to have your feedback on this - It has been known for me to be wrong

Last edited by domski : 17-Jun-2006 at 11:23.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 11:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Simple for me I aint subjecting my bike to 30mins flat out round Snett. If it does go to 2 x 10 lap championship races I'll be there, if it is def a 20 lapper then no thanks.
Also not interested in non championship races.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 11:19
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Split grids and one per day would do me. It would be good to have practice each day too, if that can be squeezed in. I don't like the idea of the long race at Snett at all, a bit stressful for my tired old motor
Old 17-Jun-2006, 11:51
Ducati Meccanica

Grabs popcorn and comfy chair
Old 17-Jun-2006, 11:55
Mille

I know what New Era have said, but I thoght Snet was gonna be one long race only? I'm not complaining, I need the track time. It'll be tough on the 583's, tougher if it's as hot as last weekend.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 12:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Well I can't see one long race being any different to the long race at Assen.

Before the season started it was decided that there would be two meetings which had only one points scoring round. These being Assen and Snetterton.

Now people want to change the rules half way through the season.
I for one have planned the season based on the original race calender, not one that was based on two points scoring races at Snetterton.

Still unless we get more than 40 entries in for the next couple of rounds Expect DD classes to be sharing the grids with either each other or CB5, Hornets etc.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Jun-2006, 12:15
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Well I can't see one long race being any different to the long race at Assen.

It was only 8 laps Kev, which was reduced to 4 laps in the end. We raced for 6 laps if you combined both parts.

Quote:
Before the season started it was decided that there would be two meetings which had only one points scoring round. These being Assen and Snetterton.

Now people want to change the rules half way through the season.

Not at all mate, just noted that the regs don't match what we were expecting.

Quote:
I for one have planned the season based on the original race calender, not one that was based on two points scoring races at Snetterton.

Have you been drinking? You planned your season on having a 20 lap race at Snett, and not two 10 lap races? I can see how that would disrupt your planning!

Quote:
Still unless we get more than 40 entries in for the next couple of rounds Expect DD classes to be sharing the grids with either each other or CB5, Hornets etc.

Agreed. I think that there will be more people doing both classes too - providing they're not combined grids of course!

Even if the Assen race had been run over the full 8 laps, that would have been approx 17 mins.

A 20 lapper at Snett will be approx 27-28 mins.

So it's not anywhere close to being like for like.

Will be interesting to have your opinion should you not get around the first lap, having made all the effort. You'll have to pack up and go home, rather than having a second chance in race 2.

Look at Clint last season. A long old way to go to not get a race. He would have got out for a second race though, had that been an option.

Just one good reason to have 2 races.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 13:01
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
£220 entries , HMM this really is cheap racing..........
Old 17-Jun-2006, 13:51
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Why are we touting £220 in entries?
I thought it was £110 for first two races, then £25 per additional race - that would make it £135 wouldn't it?
Old 17-Jun-2006, 14:17
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Why are we touting £220 in entries?
I thought it was £110 for first two races, then £25 per additional race - that would make it £135 wouldn't it?

It's £110 for the first 2 races per day not per weekend