Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Apr-2005, 09:03

Quote:
Originally posted by dave w
Quote:
Originally posted by Anito
It is the full system

The dealer has checked it out and providing it gets no worse will replace the fairing. If need be I wil put some thermal stick tape stuff on the fairing to protect it.

I know a few people on here have had it fitted, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem.

Is there any movement in the pipe thats fouling the fairing... It might pay to loosen some of the fixings and give it a tweak

It's been stripped down and adjusted a smidge. I think it's just that the pipe is so big and the gap small. I don't want them replacing the fairing only to go again so we'll see for a few rides.
Old 14-Apr-2005, 10:25
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
So the standard system that's on with my R is what a 50mm or a 54 mm?
And the racing half system that come with it?

Standard R system is a 54mm I think. You get a half system in 54mm with the bike. The only upgrade you can do the R exhaust is to get the 57mm full system.
Old 14-Apr-2005, 10:45
everton

I had the full 57MM system fitted to my 999R at the 1,000KM service and I remember talking to the mechanic who explained that it was a very tight fit! See -

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread...=5883#pid47685

He had to use various spacers and heat resistant washers to get the right clearances so fortunately no problems for me.

Price as quote through Dave's link is right - robbery!!
Old 14-Apr-2005, 12:12
Bevel Head

Mood: Slinky
I did manage to melt the paint and the carbon on my fairing , whats needed is a heat shield fixing where the 57mm pipes run along the fairing.
I did ask JHP modify my fairing as they run 2 race 749R's in the Super Sport with simular exhaust systems .
I have not had any problem since they worked there majic .

Ferrari
Old 14-Apr-2005, 14:12
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
[quote]Originally posted by Twinfan
Quote:
Standard R system is a 54mm I think. You get a half system in 54mm with the bike. The only upgrade you can do the R exhaust is to get the 57mm full system.

you only get an asymetric system with the 999R included in the price , this will also fit a 749R though if you buy the kit from a dealer (or a 999R owner with loadsa money who has bought a full system instead)

or you can do what I (and quite a few others) have done , just buy the following :

assymetric end can (no cat)
carbon cover for end can
bolt set for end can (standard can uses studs , termi can uses bolts)
front pipe - no cat (or get the cat cut out of the standard pipe)
high flow air filters

total cost of above is about £550

Fit , then take bike to dealer and get it set up to suit new system and standard ECU , bike runs sweet and loud , probably no increase in power though but worth it for the weight reduction and noise

Alternatively , do the above and also fit a power commander , this should give you a slight power increase too
Old 16-Apr-2005, 10:02
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
The Leo Vinci comes with a heatshield which fits inside thewfairing,i know Jhp make up similar ones for the exhausts they fit.
Butch