Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Mar-2005, 02:13
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
2005 999 carbon hugger

I know that here guys I am going to find the answer.. do I need to take down my rear wheel to assemble the hugger?
On the right side of the swingarm there are two small X bolts that keeping the brake lines in place.. One is easy to access, but the other.. I "downsized" my allen key to access the bolt..but I am figuring out that while the hugger is in place, there is no way I can tight the small bolt...
Is anyone already done it? is the 05 swingarm, which is different from the previous model ( I think the R was mounting the same swingarm in 2004..)
Thanks..as usual!!
Old 21-Mar-2005, 07:59
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
it is possible to do it with the wheel in place, but you need to grind down an allen key so that the end is very short. Even if you do that it is still very tight.

Much easier to just take the wheel out
Old 21-Mar-2005, 08:58
888 at Last !!!

I removed the rear wheel on my 05 999, to fit the hugger.
It saves trying to squeeze your fingers into a small area

Clint.
Old 21-Mar-2005, 10:09
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
it is possible to do it with the wheel in place, but you need to grind down an allen key so that the end is very short. Even if you do that it is still very tight.

Much easier to just take the wheel out

Done the same on mine.... just grind down an allen key... its a bit of a fiddle but save's taking wheel out.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 00:20
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
It doesn't bloody fit!!!!
I did manage to take out the side brake line bolt with a modified (grinded as Dave suggestion) allen key.. now the piece of carbon doesn't fit!!!
It is fine with the three bolts over the chain guard, but the other two small holes where the brake line go through are out of place!!!
I guess is a 04 model, may be the R or S, or is totally out of design... bloody carbon makers!!

Now easy to take it back..in ITALY!!! ..mmhhmm I will have to visit my mother again soon...
Old 23-Mar-2005, 00:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Fabio did you not get it at a good enough price to offer it for sale to someome else on this site to get your money back. Would save having to take it back.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 00:32
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Brogins
It doesn't bloody fit!!!!
It is fine with the three bolts over the chain guard, but the other two small holes where the brake line go through are out of place!!!

Brogins,

I take it your refering to the clip on the horizontal piece of the swing arm just behind the exhaust ? if so there is another hole but it has a little black plastic cap over it', it's quiet hard to see, remove the cap an that hole should line up