Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2006, 17:21
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
Suspension - stupid rear shock story

I realised something today

I got a used shock off of a fellow DSC member for a ST2 today - I was just checking it over when I noticed that the rebound dampener is the BLACK screw on the opposite side to what I thought it was.
Now I feel stupid because I have been trying to adjust the rebound with the SILVER screw on the otherside... now I know.
But what I really feel bad for is; the 2 mechanics at bike centres in the midlands both tried to adjust the same screw as me!! Infact that's where I got the idea that it was that side.
I have to admit I never really paid attention to the other side because it's hidden by the rod - I'm also surpised I missed it whilst cleaning and whilst reading the manual on adjustment. I think my brain got the pre-introduced idea that it was the silver screw.
I guess we're not the only ones to make that mistake because the replacement shock also has screwdriver markings on the wrong side.

Now I don't mind admitting my mistake - I just hope that someone reads this and doesn't destroy their shock like I did trying to adjust it!!!

Remember - black screw - left side ><