Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Mar-2009, 18:52
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
oompa lumpa didley dee.........
Old 01-Apr-2009, 13:42
500SD

i'm of oompa loompa proportions, in fact the very cruel might suggest i was a particularly small type of oompa loompa

i find it hard to keep my outside foot on the peg on a corner, as mentioned above, and it has slipped off a couple of times which has woken me up a little

my knee has been down a handful of times, but tbh i've given up worrying about it, it goes down when it goes down as if i think about whether its going down then i just lose all concentration and make a mess of the corner.

i had a brief chat with one of the guys from california superbike school at the Donington bikefest in 2007 when DD had the demonstration, and sitting on the bike and actually feeling what i was being told really helped me. i also saw Cobby doing a briefing to some novices on an MSV trackday at snetterton about body positioning, and again he was showing them the required position while they were sitting on the bike in the garage.

i've done this a couple of times, then practised it on a nice few bends on the A12 on the way to work and i found it has really helped me. it feels rather contrived to start with but works well for me now. still a long way to go though
Old 01-Apr-2009, 16:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
oompa lumpa didley dee.........

If the suit fits, wear it!

(if that's a bit cryptic for some, you should know that I got the Dainese leathers I'm wearing in the pic ^^^^ up there from......andyb!!! oompa loompas all round then )

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^