Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-May-2006, 18:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Bridgestone 002-dual compound efforts

Anyone tried these MotoGP inspired dual compound technology tyres yet? Its these or Diablo Corsas

cheers
Old 30-May-2006, 18:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Bridgestone put dual compound onto road tyres with the BT010 a few years back. Not tried the 002's but used the 010 on my trusty old fireblade and was quite happy with them.

Can't say I noticed anything 'dual' about them but on wet roads they were great, dry roads they were plenty good enough. Not great on track though.

What's your riding habits?
Old 31-May-2006, 13:32
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Bridgestone put dual compound onto road tyres with the BT010 a few years back. Not tried the 002's but used the 010 on my trusty old fireblade and was quite happy with them.

Can't say I noticed anything 'dual' about them but on wet roads they were great, dry roads they were plenty good enough. Not great on track though.

What's your riding habits?

Fortunately keeping the rubber side down for now. Mostly A and B roads, might do a track day later in the year
Old 27-Jun-2006, 21:51
Mille

The BT-014 is a dual compound too. I think the 10's are hard to impossible to get any more, at least here in the states. The 12 is still around and considered more of a track tire than the 14, although my wife has had great luck with the 14 on the track. I'd also like some info on the BT-002's though as I'm seriously considering it for my next track day tire.
Old 27-Jun-2006, 21:57
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Exclamation

Derek,
Unless you anticipate doing a LOT of track time I wouldn't waste your money on BT002's mate
Stick with either 014's or Diablo Corsa's on the road sir
Old 22-Jul-2006, 21:38
Mille

I just read an article in Superbike where they did a road test on the new BT-002 Street tire. Pretty good reviews. Looks like it's already available to you guys but wont be available here in the US until later on in the year...like November. I'd love to hear some reveiws if someone gets a set!! Remember, this is a different tire from the DOT BT-002 track tire. This is a street tire and Bridgestone still makes both. The track tire is now called 002 Pro.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 22:01
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
Got the BT14s as the OE tyres on my 999. The rear is a bit flat (just about done in ) in the middle now after 3300 miles (2500 were from a trip to Nice and back ) the front looks almost untouched. I havent pushed them hard as its all road miles but even on rough alpine passes they never felt like they were stressed. The rear is squared from the blat to ferry (from Annecy) and back to newcastle on the french peage and uk m'way. Seem to be a Good alround tyre. as an aside Mate on a 749 had michelin pilot powers which looked less worn at the end of the trip.
Old 24-Jul-2006, 18:27
Ducati Meccanica

tis all on hold just now,till I finish off my my very worn Diablos, not Diablo Corsas as reported in MCN, at Cadwell then will prolly go for Diablo Corsa 3s. Have had BT014s on my ZX6R before and really liked them,

thanks all!