Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Oct-2005, 15:56
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : domski
What do the rest of you think?

I think I'm racing for fun, and I don't care if other riders cheat with their bike or anything. It's not going to prevent me improving my riding skills, which is my only aim. So I wouldn't bother with a parc ferme...
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:04
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

OK, there's an idea.

A mobile dyno can be hired for £175 + £1 a mile travel (£5-£10 each per rider?)

http://www.viper-racinguk.co.uk/html/dyno_testing.html

I'd be more than happy to chuck £10 in the pot at each round to have my bike dyno'd - along with everyone elses.

Dyno all the bikes at round 1 - and providing the highest isn't 10bhp clear of everyone else - call that the limit. 70bhp??

Then no need for parc ferme, or stripping engines.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
I think you lot are disappearing up your own jacksies in my humble opinion ......

I spent £5k on this season, and I'll undoubtably spend the same next year. When you spend £10k on racing and someone beats you by cheating it causes mild irritation. I don't know about anyone else, but DD takes up every spare penny I have (and several £k that I don't), which kind of makes it a valid question.

As for the answer, Dom, it's highly unlikely that anyone will cheat with anything that can be seen from the outside (unless it's unintentional). As you say, engine mods are a bit of a trauma to reveal so it'd be very tricky to monitor. Portable dyno at one of the rounds???
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:10
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
suits me but at every round it adds to the outlay and some people may grizzle. how about at the first one. then 2 other rounds. but not notifying the competitors till the day?
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:13
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : domski
What do the rest of you think?

I think I'm racing for fun, and I don't care if other riders cheat with their bike or anything.

You have the correct attitude Antoine.

Unfortunately, for those of us that aren't doing it just for fun, it becomes an important issue.

I can't afford to go racing, so when I do go, I don't want somebody with 75bhp to take positions away from me.

Also, I know I'm a target for protests - I'm not being paranoid and I'm big enough to accept that some people are waiting for me to get a result, so they can protest me.

So if it's gunna happen to me, it's got to be the same for everyone.

There was no parc ferme at Snetterton, and that Corsa front tye could have been put on right after the race - nobody can prove it wasn't - there was no parc ferme!

So there's nothing to stop people doing other things - of which there are many quick cheats to change back in the comfort of your awning.

If we're having such tight controls in the rules - it must be enforced.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:13
Ducati in my Blood

free dyno for everybody?
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:14
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
So cheap racing now needs a dyno at every round...

It's easy enough to check your tyres though eh Dom???
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:16
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
So cheap racing now needs a dyno at every round...

There is no such thing!!

Quote:
It's easy enough to check your tyres though eh Dom???

That's been dealt with, and if you need clarification as a non-participant that it doesn't affect, then you can ring Chris Bushell or Rich Llewellin.

Now, lets see which of your posts I can pick apart
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:41
Ducati in my Blood

Actually I don't care about all that because I'm not here to win anything. Reading Ali's post made me understand another point of view. And I know that if I would race for a podium, I would be pi55ed of knowing other guys are cheating.
Finally I don't know what to think, so the guy who speaks the louder can have my vote.

Am I useless?

[Edité le 20-10-2005 par Tonio600]
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
OK, just my thoughts......

If a bike is 'thought to be' non-conforming to the rules after/during the first race, if there is no time to check it - it could complete the 2nd race 'under protest'

Some bikes can be made up on HP, with careful working of PC's/FIM's/exhaust performance systems etc.
HOWEVER: it is the mid range capabilities of the engine combined with the benefits of the added items mentioned, that will, with a good rider make the bike perform noticably better.
To determine what made it 'tick', would be to strip it right down.

This whole series has been on the whole, self policing this year, but AK & I did mention to Chris & Michael that the bikes really ought to have a technical inspector who ensured the DD bikes conformed to DD rules, not just the New Era scrutineering.

Personally, we would be happy to take our bikes to 'approved' dyno's, but never like to put them on mobile ones, as the margin for error on these can be quite alarming sometimes (says AK)

End of me wittering... back to work now......

C