MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
try another dealer?
Old 21-May-2012, 14:38
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
Virtual...thats a bummer mate, all that bull about your bike delivery...not good.
I was told end of May, now August. Mine maybe up for grabs if you are interested, cos I've signed a deal which takes me away for 3 years from the UK, if not ill keep it unregistered til i get home.

Kingfisher....are they as good as ? Im test riding one shortly and the dealer is excellent, J&L in carlisle...

did it come with a paddock stand ??

Last edited by DEMON : 21-May-2012 at 15:09.
Old 21-May-2012, 14:40
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

Parkinsons have 1 'S' available in July.
Old 22-May-2012, 11:56
Montjuic

Im pretty sure that I saw one on the way home from work yesterday but I could have been imagining it.

My 'S' is supposed to be arriving in July but Im not over confident of that given everyones experience so far.
Old 22-May-2012, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMON
Virtual...thats a bummer mate, all that bull about your bike delivery...not good.
I was told end of May, now August. Mine maybe up for grabs if you are interested, cos I've signed a deal which takes me away for 3 years from the UK, if not ill keep it unregistered til i get home.

Kingfisher....are they as good as ? Im test riding one shortly and the dealer is excellent, J&L in carlisle...

did it come with a paddock stand ??

Hi,

Its a fantastic bike and i love it, it does have niggles though.
Mine didn't come with anything, a bit poor on Ducatis behalf considering it costs £20,000.
The suspension is the main problem for me, the spring is very hard on the rear shock, which ever setting i have it in it's still very hard. !!
Still need to faff about with it, some guys have put new springs in to soften it up.
Old 22-May-2012, 12:17
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Riders of Bristol have an 1199S for sale:

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 22-May-2012, 16:32
Montjuic

The Riders bike has been sold.
Old 22-May-2012, 18:23
Mille

1199s for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by benF04
The Riders bike has been sold.

Ducat Wolverhampton had a S for sale last week check out their website www.ductiwolverhampton.com
Tell them bazzer told you !
Ciao
Old 23-May-2012, 23:04
Bikes: 1199 s

I think, to be fair, it isn't ALL the dealers fault ?? (said with tongue in cheek)
The rep came down to the dealers and managed to sort things out, to a degree ? I'm convinced (perhaps wrongly) that the bigger dealers have a bit more "clout" in the pecking order ? that could be why the early "S"s have gone that way ??? (only my guess mind)
Dealer (with the Ducati rep stood beside him) says 2nd week in June,
I took the demo out this afternoon, 'kin 'ell - what a bit of kit !
Very nimble, it does lack the initial "uumph" from low down that the 1098 gives, but - when it gets going - it flies, quick shifter responds better in "track" mode, though it takes a bit of getting used to - the habit of backing the trottle off to change up can sit you forward a bit, and hurt your ******** when going down the box ! ! but - practice will cure that ?
As you can tell - all is forgiven, IT IS/WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT
If only I was blessed with patience !
Old 31-May-2012, 19:08
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

I just spoke with Ducati Manchester and asked when I would be likely to get an S if I put in an order now. Very helpful staff but I was told the factory was not producing post earthquake and I would have to join the queue of 20 or so people. Late Summer was suggested a delivery time (does that mean September/October?)

Possibly not Ducati's fault but if you are going to shell out 20K plus the £1K for obligatory Termis, you want to enjoy the bike this summer not a year after launch.At least that's how I feel.

As an alternative , I am seriously considering the RSV4 aprc which I test rode the other day (I have had a test on a Panigale S too).

I have to say that I really liked the RSV4 engine and how it felt. Although I felt it wasn't as fast as the Ducati it did feel like a bike I would use everyday and enjoy.

Still keeping the 998R though.

I'm just saying.....