Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Jun-2009, 00:45
Big Twin

Sorry Jasper I only found out after we passed each other in the paddock and now understand why you seemed a little down, I thought it was just the fact you did not have your leathers on and bike on the track.
Totally gutted for you

Hope the damage is not too great and you get it repaired and back on the road.

Hermann in Munchen deals quite alot with that model so if you need any help just give me a shout and we can contact him.

Servus chrisi, gruss gott

Gordon - dorf trochel

Last edited by gordonparker : 17-Jun-2009 at 13:36.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 09:51
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Oh... I don't know what to say fingers crossed you'll get it sorted
Old 17-Jun-2009, 10:08
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
I was admiring that on the way back from the toilet, beautiful looking bike. Then stood chatting we heard the *crunch* of bike bodywork. Such a shame, hope all the parts are easy enough to come by.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Thanks for your support today guys.TP is gutted and genuinely sorry.It is always a risk lending your bike to anyone,It could have happened anywhere on the circuit or not at all.S5it happens!

We will rebuild it and Tony has emphasised that he will pay for the bits,so no real harm done.Just as my wife thought i'd finished spending hours in the garage!!

Hats off to you Jasper, that's the most rational response that I've ever seen to bad news....

Having taken your bike around Cadwell for a couple of sessions on each trackday for the last few years, I've always been overwhelmed at your generosity in lending it out, I hope it hasn't put you off 'cos I'd like another go on it

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:12
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Yes indeed, I doubt many would be able to take such a stance Jools, well done Jasper !!!!

I was thinking about the incident on the way home and it came to mind that there was probably not a bigger transition if you looked right round the paddock. From buzzy little 400 to 888 SP with enough bottom end grunt to go in for a ploughing competition! That's ruling out Chas's little pit bike of course.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a bike on its side in such a short distance from a standing start (apart from when falling off the side stand), such a pity but no doubt repairable and a lesson well learnt all round.

Hope you get it sorted Jasper, if you need any special bits machining just drop me a PM and we'll see what we can sort out.

Paul

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:12
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I am so very sorry. No one is more gutted than Rich and I am totally gutted for him. I know what the bike is and what it means to him, we've been lining this up for three years and I was very proud to be offered to ride it and genuinely excited about it. I cocked up in a big way and it's totally, 100% my mistake. Rich has been a true gentleman in the way he's handled this when I half expected him to take a swipe. I would have deserved it and probably let him stick it on me.

We're both working at getting it restored to it's mint condition, which it will be. It's my cockup and I'm going to fix it.

I'm off to hang my head in shame.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:15
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I am so very sorry. No one is more gutted than Rich and I am totally gutted for him. I know what the bike is and what it means to him, we've been lining this up for three years and I was very proud to be offered to ride it and genuinely excited about it. I cocked up in a big way and it's totally, 100% my mistake. Rich has been a true gentleman in the way he's handled this when I half expected him to take a swipe. I would have deserved it and probably let him stick it on me.

We're both working at getting it restored to it's mint condition, which it will be. It's my cockup and I'm going to fix it.

I'm off to hang my head in shame.

All credit to you for taking it on the chin and accepting responsibility Tony!

Maybe half a valium tablet before you go out on it next time?

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 17-Jun-2009, 11:47
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Hats off to you Jasper, that's the most rational response that I've ever seen to bad news....

Having taken your bike around Cadwell for a couple of sessions on each trackday for the last few years, I've always been overwhelmed at your generosity in lending it out, I hope it hasn't put you off 'cos I'd like another go on it

Indeed! I really hope that this doesn't change Jaspers mind about running the SP5 on the track. I've always been of the view that I hate seeing bikes displayed in museums and not being used as intended. Jasper gives everyone else the opportunity to see, hear and even ride a bike that must rank near the top of any list of desirable Ducatis. For that the guy must be congratulated. However, I have some small appreciation of the pain it must cause to see his beloved bike bashed up so best of luck to him and TP with the rebuild.

Keith

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit