Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Mar-2005, 13:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Fully agree with both points, Nat. Is this really a Brembo part?? How naff!!
Old 04-Mar-2005, 13:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Certainly is Felix..and they'll happily relieve you of £830 if youve had a good taste bypass..
Cheers
Nat
Old 04-Mar-2005, 15:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Gobsmacked!
Old 04-Mar-2005, 15:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
You can get a radial fork bottom from AJR or JHP that will take the 100mm radial brake caliper. Expect to pay in the region of £1500 for the pleasure. For me and a few others that "like a nice bit of kit" with the engineering and materials used. Its got to be the race radial setup, £3000 upwards. The calipers are 108 mm and the two will not mix. Also the JHP fork bottom allows you to upgrade your fork internals to suite. Is there a difference. For me yes. Brakes do take a while to work from cold. They don't grab like P4's, but then again they don't tend to fade either. Since having them fitted, I just haven't had a good day to try them out with the same confidence of recent. I've just crashed again for the 3rd time in 9 months and demon braking isn't a priority.

P.S. Chris, if like suggested you opt for the 999s/r forks, I think you will need the front fender also, because it has a different mountings. There might also be a issue with the offset of the calipers?

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by Jon]
Old 04-Mar-2005, 15:34
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Yeah i have seen those!! What a sh*t idea. They must **** themselves every time some fool orders one of those
Old 08-Mar-2005, 20:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
chris if your doing it for the looks its going to be costly and if your doing it for the performance again it aint worth the money, ive never ridden with radials but ive spoken to some impressive people on this

last month my mate won the hm plant replica cbr6 demonstration bike and he had to collect from the hrc factory at louth so off we all went, the bike is pictured in the back of the free hein gericke catalogue with this months bike amg if anyones interested

we got to talking to karl harris and michael rutters technicians and they said radials added no beneficial gains to their racing machines, they told the riders it aided them, they then rave about them, we then spend a small fortune trying to have the same equipment as them when we dont really need to, admittedly this isnt on ducatis but on honda's, hrc's top spec firebaldes no less

opinions please???

its all in the mind mate, for the extra 3 grand and your bike you could buy a 996r which you would never need to modify

i will be putting the few photos of the cbr on my website when i get time
Old 08-Mar-2005, 21:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by sharpo
Does anyone know why radial brakes work better cos I can't see how they would.

I personally don't like the look of em either.

My mate fitted AP radial callipers to his 996RS last year using adapter plates, these replaced the 6-pot APs that were already on the bike Mark Buldock that was racing the bike told me they were a big improvement. He then went on to win the North Glos SoT championship as well as the Open and Powerbike championships so if he says they are a improvement I tend to believe him.
Old 08-Mar-2005, 21:03
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by deej
you could buy a 996r which you would never need to modify

Oh I don't know, there's always room for change
Old 08-Mar-2005, 22:17
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
All depends what you are replacing them from,and to !!!,speaking from experience,i've now got brembo race spec radials,but had brembo monoblocks before !!,and the differance from them isn't that much,but !!,going from conventional road brakes to full blown race spec,whether conventional or radial is a major step,ask yeti,he did it amongst a few others !!

Old 08-Mar-2005, 22:31
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
whats wrong with a good drum brake and Dunphy AM4 linings!