Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Jun-2005, 17:18
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
i had the same problem on the 916 for about a year....

about 5500 rpm... to be honest i never gave it a seconds thought lads...

if you're at 5500, you're doing something wrong

What a hero You should be racing.

Actually i guess the lads use 5500 rpm a lot as it leads thru to 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11,000rpm.

Get it right Shaun...11,500 rpm:P
Old 10-Jun-2005, 17:19
Big Twin

See this thread...

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=20679

In the process of doing mine today and over the weekend...
Old 10-Jun-2005, 20:15
Montjuic

Mood: Spiffing
Cheers for that, let me know how it goes
Old 11-Jun-2005, 00:15
Mille

Sigma are now UK importers / distributors of FIM chips and there does not seem to be much that Neil Spalding does not know about setting the little blighters up.

If you have any FIM chip set-up concerns it's probably worth giving him a call at Sigma (but not on the run up to a MotoGP weekend 'cos he will be on his way to the circuit to provide technical coverage for MCN).
Old 13-Jun-2005, 10:30

Mood: Good
Fuel problem

Hi there if you get stuck we have a wide band lamda sensor /sensor data logger which we would use to pin point your problem....its the ultimate way of measuring fueling and making changes to the eprom...feel free to call on 0191 3863422 ask for Marc or dave
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:22
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by the old man
Sigma are now UK importers / distributors of FIM chips and there does not seem to be much that Neil Spalding does not know about setting the little blighters up.

If you have any FIM chip set-up concerns it's probably worth giving him a call at Sigma (but not on the run up to a MotoGP weekend 'cos he will be on his way to the circuit to provide technical coverage for MCN).

Twas Neil who put mine in. Trouble is, my bike is not exactly as Ducati designed it to be! It may take some more head scratching to get it 100%.

Got it running OK with the old JHP Chip - off to Brands this evening so it should be OK.

R X
Old 13-Jun-2005, 12:36
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Ricky, my sps had awful problems when I got it, spitting all over the place, MR sorted it with another chip and later 2000 sps injectors now V smooth but feels less ballistic so perfect for the road and (my pace) trcak days
Old 14-Jun-2005, 15:00
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
Ricky, my sps had awful problems when I got it, spitting all over the place, MR sorted it with another chip and later 2000 sps injectors now V smooth but feels less ballistic so perfect for the road and (my pace) trcak days

Sounds a bit pricey..what's the difference between '97 and '00 injectors??
Did Brands yesterday with the JHP Chip - 'kin fantastic but one has to practice a bit more finesse with the right hand exiting Druids etc ( compared to a 748).

R X
Old 14-Jun-2005, 16:46
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Luckily they did it as part of the sale as I didnt want the bike as it was! I think its to do with when they come on - with the later ones its one injector til you need both, whereas earlier is 2 inj all the time (I await to be stand corrected)

having never ridden another sps, not sure whether mine feels different or not and if the reason it was originally so jerky was because there was a fault somewhere. I think this is probably the case coz it wouldnt cruise at any speed in any gear up to 90! and roundabouts, forget it, the throttle was an on/off switch with no progression.

mine still feels like a missile to me - I must get someone who has had one before try it to tell me the difference....any offers???
Old 15-Jun-2005, 14:53
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
I think its to do with when they come on - with the later ones its one injector til you need both, whereas earlier is 2 inj all the time (I await to be stand corrected)

Bradders,

You may be correct, however it is the chip that controls when the injectors squirt and in what sequence...therefore changing injectors will not change the sequence of firing.
However again, I note you also had a new chip so that could have changed the sequence - Steve at MR said there was an FIM chip that converted SPS Twin injector sequence to single injector only - that mod would require removal/disconnection of one injector per throttle body.
I have looked at the FIM website and there is nothing listed for an SPS that does this, but there is one listed for a 996BP...

Are you going to Cadwell..if so you're welcome to have a spin on mine but I think you'll find my suspension a bit soft for you...

Cheers,

R X