Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:42
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
So where does that leave our team & spectators?

Last race of the day and only one on Sunday seems alot for people to fork out for.

How many times do we get the late races at big meets. I remember my first meeting at Oulton 2006, it was 6pm by the time we'd finished. Looks like we still get the ****'est times 3yrs on.

Andy
Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:51
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
appreciate the point about mixed grids, but think thats a different one to the issue I'm describing.

2 days for 2 races and 1 practice and no option to enter another race seems unfair in the extreme for a series which has contributed to NE for a reasonable period of time and mostly filled their spots.

Yes its a business, and its too late to chnage anything now, and probably promises were made to the RC of seperate grids (which would have meant you could have entered the other class for some extra track time) but it hasnt happned.

I have no right to speak of, as I'm not racing this year, but am planning to spectate at most rounds and TBH will not be at Donny for this. As its Craig's 1st, I wanted to be there to offer my kind of support, but I have to weigh up everything and on balance will be seeing him at the next one (coz he will bring it home safe!!) but not this.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 12:56

Thumbs down

I guess someone has to race last but to get Sat and Sun that’s just ****. I was looking forward to sitting down and relaxing after the race but looks like all that will be in my Van on the M6.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 13:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

2 days for 2 races and 1 practice and no option to enter another race seems unfair in the extreme for a series which has contributed to NE for a reasonable period of time and mostly filled their spots.

Same sort of deal for Pro bike open although they paid more and got a extra Free practice but have 3 outings on Sat and one on Sunday
F600 now only seem to be on track on the Sunday for Free practice, timed practice and one longer race sharing the grid with the GSXR Cup guys
125s seem to have been dropped altogether.

So the New Era classes aren't doing that brilliantly out of it.
Maybe we shouldn't have bothered with Donington this year and either had 2 rounds at Mallory or started the season at Angelsey.

But a few months ago the choice of race dates were very thin when having to try and make a decision, as there was only one Cadwell, No Oulton and Pembrey wasn't confirmed leaving 3 Mallory's, 1 Angelsey, 1 Snetterton, 1 Castle Combe and 1 Donington.
Take Donington out of that lot and its not the best looking race Calendar and bearing in mind there is no race format at that time what are you supposed to do.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 13:13
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Same sort of deal for Pro bike open although they paid more and got a extra Free practice but have 3 outings on Sat and one on Sunday
F600 now only seem to be on track on the Sunday for Free practice, timed practice and one longer race sharing the grid with the GSXR Cup guys
125s seem to have been dropped altogether.

So the New Era classes aren't doing that brilliantly out of it.
Maybe we shouldn't have bothered with Donington this year and either had 2 rounds at Mallory or started the season at Angelsey.

But a few months ago the choice of race dates were very thin when having to try and make a decision, as there was only one Cadwell, No Oulton and Pembrey wasn't confirmed leaving 3 Mallory's, 1 Angelsey, 1 Snetterton, 1 Castle Combe and 1 Donington.
Take Donington out of that lot and its not the best looking race Calendar and bearing in mind there is no race format at that time what are you supposed to do.

Then maybe another club should have been a better option, especially as we had no ties as Assen was off. We've been loyal, but its not the same other way, eh!

I see why people have left / moved on, cant say i'll continue this pallava next year. There's better options now, especially with televised cb500's elsewhere.

Andy
Old 17-Mar-2009, 13:58
Bevel Head

I'm with Andy
Old 17-Mar-2009, 14:24
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
....And that's why I bought an R1
Old 17-Mar-2009, 14:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
There's better options now, especially with televised cb500's elsewhere.

Andy

From what I recall WJB said the Mallory Thundersport meeting was spread over Friday, Saturday and Sunday so far from being the better option for some.

But hey I can go race elsewhere any time I want, not as if I haven't done it in the past and still have the bikes for it.
But as it will be my only time racing on the GP circuit I'll tolerate the late finish and then hopefully pack up the van and make the 2 1/2 hour trip home.

I still wish we could have done Assen this year even though it is over 3 days with cut short trackday/practice sessions on the Friday, two timed practice sessions on the Saturday, followed by one race on the Sunday, followed by an even longer journey home.
But as not enough would commit to entering its another Grid we have lost

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 15:17
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
that timetable is a bit sucky... ultimately though, no one wants to be last out, and everyone has to have they're turn, so perhaps you'll be luckier with pembrey/anglesey etc.

now i have a dillemma... go on sunday as i had planned, sit around all day and watch 1 dd race, or go on the saturday, watch the excitement of 1x qually then wait around all day to watch 1 dd race...
Old 17-Mar-2009, 15:46

It kind of all fits together now. Moto Six nations event, sort out their races, see what else they can shoes horn in, job done. Wish I'd seen that one coming, would have given me more time to prepare for Anglesey