Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-Mar-2009, 11:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
The timetable is smelly for sure, especially as it means I can't race in both DD and Pro-Bike due to the clash of timings and back to back races.

Dallas will be encountering the same problem, I know Trudi has made him aware of the time table, but with the right pit crew hopefully the situation can be covered, at least each bike has its own transponder so that one less thing to worry about

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 18-Mar-2009, 15:21
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Dallas will be encountering the same problem, I know Trudi has made him aware of the time table, but with the right pit crew hopefully the situation can be covered, at least each bike has its own transponder so that one less thing to worry about

But 2 x 8 lap races back 2 back is a test for an old bugga like me. Especially if I'm holding my breath as usual!!!

Besides, at Donny don't they normally hold the previous race's riders out on the track whilst the next race lines up on the grid? That could be fun!!
Old 18-Mar-2009, 15:41
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
But 2 x 8 lap races back 2 back is a test for an old bugga like me. Especially if I'm holding my breath as usual!!!

Besides, at Donny don't they normally hold the previous race's riders out on the track whilst the next race lines up on the grid? That could be fun!!

isn't there a back entry to the pits off the Melbourne loop

Old 18-Mar-2009, 16:12
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
Quote:
gay slang??
Old 18-Mar-2009, 16:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

Oh yeh, it was only yesterday that I was using this new track exit too!!! - I'm slowly going barking!!!
Old 18-Mar-2009, 20:08
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty
gay slang??

Trust you to know

Old 19-Mar-2009, 12:12
MotoGP God

Not to do with Donington but does show that you can't please all of the people all of the time

It now looks like New Era's Sound of Thunder class may be a bit better attended this year than first thought, it originally looked like all there entrants were off to Thundersport GB, but it appears not.
Which could be good news for the likes of Dallas and rattler that have bikes they can race in SoT. Although the SoT entry at Mallory is currently looking very poor at the moment as many were looking towards doing there racing with with Thundersport but it looks like they can not provide a seperate grid for them where as New Era can, so there is no way they can provide a grid or two for DD and that applies to 2010 as well as 2009.

although some thought the grass may be greener elsewhere they are now finding its already over grazed

Dave Stewart of Thundersport GB had this statement posted on New Era's forum

Dear All,

I NEVER do forums and this will be a first (and last).

Just to put this to bed once and for all. We (Thundersport) decided on our race format based on the number of riders in all classes who committed to the championship as requested on the covering letter with the entry forms. This request (and it was a request) was to help us in our forward planning, as no one likes to have the goalposts moved once the season has started.

We are trying to accomodate Supertwins/Sound of Thunder riders where possible, but truthfully we cannot supply another race slot to allow a stand alone grid thus taking away track time from all other classes (who incidentally did all commit to the season as requested in large numbers).

The New Era Club has traditionally been the natural home for Sound of Thunder and this class used to be the centrepiece of the New Era Championship. If you all race in the same place, at the same time, you will almost automatically get exactly what you are asking for. New Era have a pretty good spread of dates and a very competent team of officials and if you all support the series you will probably have a large input into the format of your races.

We aren't looking to take extra classes into our meetings and that situation looks fairly stable for next year too, as we already have 3 other established championships waiting for a slot to become available.

Whilst I'm quite happy to speak to anyone about almost anything on the phone or by e-mail, I don't debate on forums and this is just a note to encourage you all to pull in one direction and to support your club. That way will get the results you want. New Era is a good club going through these difficult economic times and they need your help and support.

I wish you all a safe and successful season.

Dave Stewart (Thundersport GB).

Old 19-Mar-2009, 17:58
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:

New Era have a pretty good spread of dates and a very competent team of officials and if you all support the series you will probably have a large input into the format of your races.

Dave Stewart (Thundersport GB).

LOL Dave you crack me up......