Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 17-Dec-2011, 16:17
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Hmmm..............you've been MSV'd!

A bit like a Jeremy Beadle show, but they use the whole hand to shaft you.
Old 17-Dec-2011, 16:27
Mille

ha, thought so! At least I can justify the petrol saving from not having to go anywhere else I suppose
Old 17-Dec-2011, 18:35
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
hmmm, think the MSV thing was a bit misleading then! I was at Brands for the trackday anyway, so thought £99 to do ACU test while I was there seemed ok.

To be fair, by the time I would have traveled to take the test another day, it's probably worth it for the convenience factor.

Still... I hate feeling like I've been ripped off

Steve don't worry about it we all seem to get ripped off at the mo.

My ACU licence renew has just got kicked back because my last eye test was more than 3 years ago. No problem I thought, so off to my local optitions I went on Friday evening for a re-test. All is fine Mr Appleby apart from a touch of colour blindness however, as you have requested that we fill out and stamp your ACU licence form we had to do and extra test which is an additional £10 so £37.50 in total.
What additional test?
I had to pay the lady and like it.
Old 08-Feb-2012, 15:05
Mille
Bikes: M620ie, DD583R #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Steve don't worry about it we all seem to get ripped off at the mo.

My ACU licence renew has just got kicked back because my last eye test was more than 3 years ago. No problem I thought, so off to my local optitions I went on Friday evening for a re-test. All is fine Mr Appleby apart from a touch of colour blindness however, as you have requested that we fill out and stamp your ACU licence form we had to do and extra test which is an additional £10 so £37.50 in total.
What additional test?
I had to pay the lady and like it.

Grrrrr, just had my form returned too even though the last test was mid 2009, so phoned 8 local opticians explaining to each that I wanted a "simple confrontation visual field test" as per the acu form, this is the test where you read the diminishing letters off the chart. Every one of them was up for the confrontation bit, but they all insisted they could only do a full "automated perimetry test" even though the form states this is not required, blathering on about how they could be sued if there was something wrong with an eye.

What they want to to do is flog specs, its like taking the car to a garage with a workshop for its MOT!!

Maybe the acu could make a commercial arrangment with "should have gone to.." and send out a voucher with there licence rejection so the, what 5000? peeps/year get a chart test, 10mins tops, for say £15 including filling in the form.

Grrr this weather is turning me into a grumpy old whatsit. boo

1 month to the off, hurray

pete

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power". Abraham Lincoln ...53 horse power should do it