Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Jan-2005, 16:44
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
fair point that. Can't you even switch them onto sidelights ?
Old 31-Jan-2005, 22:49
DSC Club Member
500SD

Having ridden on horses on roads frequently since I was young, I have to agree with most of the sensible views. Some of the horses I have ridden can be seriously spooked by anything from buses, lorries, vans, cyclist, even a lamppost or anything on the road!!
Even an experienced rider will have a hard time controlling a spooked horse but they should be able to anticipate a situation when it is likely to occur and be able to bring the horse under control without endangering other roadusers- otherwise they shouldn’t be on the road.
Whenever I`ve been on my bike trying to pasting a horse I always try to assess the rider and horse to see if horse is likely to get spooked - tell-tell signs are if the horse tries to look behind where you are, if it doesn’t look bothered I go past slowly with a wide berth, if it is spooking I pull back and wait until the rider pulls off the road before passing with the clutch pulled in if safe to do so.
Old 31-Jan-2005, 23:21
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
only good horse is the winner with a wuna on it.

I went on a shoot couple of weeks ago, one of the guns is a Furrier his son coul'nt make it,he was in hospital with a smashed collar bone, another One got him !

My Ones nice though even though he makes a right mess on the settee