Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 20-Sep-2005, 18:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Ducati Insurance Number

I've got Ducati Insurances number from their web site as 08704 106060.

I'm in France at the moment and this number just keeps coming up as a wrong number. I can phone other numbers in the UK so I know that I'm using the right codes.

Does anybody have an alternative number for them? Failing that it could be that it's a freephone number or something that isn't obtainable outside the UK...in which case could some kind soul give them a bell and ask if they've got an alternative number?

I need to insure my new bike by Saturday and I'm in France until after business hours on Friday

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by Jools]
Old 20-Sep-2005, 18:44
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
http://www.ducatiinsurance.co.uk/
Checked the number and you've got it right,they have a fax number also but dont know if thats any use.
What they seem to have in the link is an option to insure online,I havent tried it but if your stuck it could be an option.
Good luck.
Old 20-Sep-2005, 18:45
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Jools,

Gave them a call for you.

01582 833 003

+44 1582 833 003 (just incase you are a complete biff and didn't know the dialling code, i know what you Southerners are like)

You won't be able to phone the 08704 number from outside the UK as it is a premium rate jobbie.

Regards

ScottyB

[Edited on 20-9-2005 by ScottyB]
Old 21-Sep-2005, 11:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Cheers Scotty, you're a star!!!
Old 21-Sep-2005, 13:00
500SD

Always ask for Liz or Hayley when calling they are top tottie....
Old 21-Sep-2005, 16:57
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Yep, sorted.

Called the number that Scotty found for me and they couldn't have been more helpful. The reason that I needed to speak to them directly was that it wasn't a new quote, so I couldn't use their on-line system, it was to add my newly purchased 888 to my existing policy.

I'm in France until late Friday evening and supposed to be picking up my 'new' bike from the dealers on Saturday morning, so it needed to be insured so that the dealer could add the insurance certificate to the MOT certificate that they are putting on it and get it taxed ready for me to ride home. Ducati Insurance are taking care of it all and talking to the dealer to make sure that this all goes through without me having to worry about it any further.

Top people, can't say a word against them....except, of course, that I didn't win the 749S that was the prize in their recent draw
Old 21-Sep-2005, 17:52
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Nice one Jools,

Good luck with the new bike and enjoy.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 14-Oct-2005, 23:08

Ducati Insurance are underwritten by Equity Redstar so try them direct and see if cutting out the middle man saves you some pennies.

Just had to claim for a theft, paid out in 9wks - full amount less £500 excess so seem OK to me - they were also my cheapest quote for 2 bikes (996 & 'busa).