Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 30-Mar-2006, 14:54
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
I've got a Witter towbar on my Alfa 156.
I got the 'bar on e-bay for b*gger all and took it to my local (non-dealer) Alfa garage for fitting. It took about 3 hours to fit mainly due to wiring as the 156 rear lights work off a programmed ecu....

BTW...have you considered the conversion that my garage mate has done to his 164...2 x 3.0L V6 motors (one in the front/one in back), 4WD....monstrous!

RX
Old 30-Mar-2006, 14:56
GTL

Alfa Mike from Rusper Alfa? Yeah, Mike looks after my 164, and he took me for a spin in it a couple of months ago...word is he's working with a South African Alfa Tuner to build one with 720hp (360 in the front and 360 in the back) now that will really shift!
Old 30-Mar-2006, 14:58
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Harris
Alfa Mike from Rusper Alfa? Yeah, Mike looks after my 164, and he took me for a spin in it a couple of months ago...word is he's working with a South African Alfa Tuner to build one with 720hp (360 in the front and 360 in the back) now that will really shift!

Have I considered the conversion? Yes, its number two in my lottery win "wish list" after a nice 998RS

Old 30-Mar-2006, 15:01
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Harris

Indeed..the very same!
Last time I had my car serviced he was going to lend me the Bimotore 164 as a "loan" car...unfortunately I had to change my plan at the last minute so I was able to borrow it for the day!
I believe he's currently messing with a Maserati Biturbo motor (or two)....

E pazzo!

RX
Old 31-Mar-2006, 01:27
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I have had towbars fitted to my last 3 Passats all by 'Jims Towbars' mobile fitting 0800 801215, the last one cost me £140-mind you that was 3 years ago, got to call them again since my new Passat arrived week before last.

Stop press: new number(amended above) just had a quote from them for the new Passat, single electrics £190

John

[Edited on 31-3-2006 by Monty]
Old 31-Mar-2006, 14:01
Big Twin

i had mine fitted by an outfit that come and do it on your doorstep for you 2003 vectra about 180 quid (witter bar) they are in the yellow pages and i think they are based in southend , but cover the southe east area at least,
Old 31-Mar-2006, 14:12
GTL

Many thanks for all the advice...I think the bit about a multimeter and the rear light cluster has put me off DIYing (not to mention the image of the trailer parting company half way up the M11), so I think I'll give the outfit in Southend a ring.

Thanks again, Ian
Old 31-Mar-2006, 15:41
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If you're going to Southend then you're more than welcome to bring it round mine and I can give you a hand fitting it - Chelmsford would probably be closer.
Old 31-Mar-2006, 17:23
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
If you're going to Southend then you're more than welcome to bring it round mine and I can give you a hand fitting it - Chelmsford would probably be closer.

Antonye, Many thanks for the terrific offer...I was going to contact the Southend firm to see if they could offer a mobile service to my part of Kent (based on the bargain service Marchenisi received). I've found a place just around the corner from the train station I use, where I could leave the car with them for the day. As long as their quote is reasonable , I think I'll go with them...

Cheers again for the offer...what a fine bunch of people the DSC are!!!
Old 31-Mar-2006, 17:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
No worries mate, just let me know if you need a hand.