Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Sep-2003, 11:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Not much difference between that '03 reg and a new bike - it's only just done one tankful of petrol at 147 miles and it's still not run in!

It will be a maximum of six months old too, but you'd be saving £1500 quid which would cover your insurance and a nice set of leathers as well!

Here's the pic (if it works this time)
Old 13-Sep-2003, 15:07
Montjuic

Mood: p*$$ed off
Lee,

Sounds like you're in a similair situation to me. (I posted a thread here). I love the grey 748s, looks fantastic IMO.

£8700 - was this from Daytona bike shop in Islington? That's the price they quoted to me. I think Taz have them down for £8195. I called them to ask for details and they said it was not an official UK spec one (the one at Daytona was) but it can be PDI'd at an official Ducati dealership, for about £37, which would then give it the official 2 yr Ducati UK warranty. They told me it was basically the same bike but just needed clocks and headlight changing to suit, which they would do.

The only stumbling block I have before I can get my Ducati is that it HAS to be garaged to get insurance cover on it (unsurprisingly). I don't have one and need to get one of those metal bike sheds to get round this as I live in a flat. The problem is the decent metal garages are about £1300! e.g. - secure-a-bike

Hope the test ride helps... you're lucky to find somewhere that has one available to test. I haven't found anywhere that's got one myself.

Good luck with it and post something when you've got an update.

Colin
Old 13-Sep-2003, 16:05
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Yeah! Finally put down a deposit

Put down a deposit on a grey 748s mono this morning at Riders of Bristol.

Had the test ride on a grey biposto and on the way back had a go on his 749s with a carbon termignoni can.

Still liked the 748s more. Got a good p/x price and the Meta 357t thrown in to.

Colin I still payed full list but got good p/x and the alarm. Would not really want to buy parallel, can't see many official dealers being happy to pdi it either. worth a try though good luck anyway Colin.

Lee1980, now waiting to pick it up, thanks for all your input along the way guys.
Old 14-Sep-2003, 16:55
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Nice one!

Glad you got what you wanted and that (hopefully!) we persuaded you to haggle and get a bit more thrown in. You certainly got a better deal than you started out with.

Don't forget to bring it along to your local meeting and take some piccies for the Photos section.
Old 15-Sep-2003, 00:26
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Hi Antonye,

Got what I expected to get the first time I went up there. The salemans man on Saturday was totally different to the first one.

He gave me £500 less for my p/x and no extras like the alarm. Second guy is all happy and really wants my bike gives me top price and the alarm.

Weird, anyway now just got to sort insurance out by the end of the week and hopefully pick it up on Fri/Sat.

Lets hope the weather stays the same.

Thanks

Lee1980
Old 15-Sep-2003, 00:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
My younger brother bought the grey 748s from JHP, He had JHP have the wheels painted yellow before he picked it up.

You might think arghhhhhhhh at first like me, but it realy does look good.

As for the 2002 model, unlike jap bikes that change every year, dukes don't. Well not much. I don't even think tthey made any 748's in 2003. Mores the pity.

And remember when you come to sell you bike, if the dealers been giving discounts galore, don't expect much in way of p/x.
I would rather have a dealer hold to the price and protect the p/x value.

Stand back and wait for the stampead !
Old 16-Sep-2003, 16:34
Mille

Daytona (Kawasaki) Ruislip, Middx (01895-675511) have a 2 grey 748S's inthe showroom. A bip and a mono.

I bought my 999s there. Talk to Chris, you could get a good deal, I did.

They are both marked up at £8700.