Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jun-2006, 01:31
Mille

Mood: good
general riding, maybe a motorway stretch, my 748 always does 140/150 before the light comes on. My mate's ZX6RR used 25% more fuel when we went to Italy, he was getting well fed up!
Old 04-Jun-2006, 21:20
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
I'm glad my fuel light post has resurfaced 'cos the week before last I decided I was going to run it until it died just to see if the light was accurate (I'd drained the tank the week before so no crud/water contamination worries). The light came on at 84 miles, but the bike managed 124 miles before it gave up the ghost, literally free-wheeling up to the pumps (some timing that was!).

Since then, the light has started to come on at 95 (ish) miles, so it seems the experiment might have re-set something in the system.
Old 04-Jun-2006, 22:03
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Used to get about 95 miles until the light on my 999S (85 miles at Brands though ). I've changed to super-unleaded fuel now, and now get about 106 to the light come on.
Reserve I always used to think was 25-30 miles ... until the day I had a little chase with a Honda Blackbird ... I literally coasted into the garage on a dry tank after 18 miles on the fuel light.

My 750ie gets about 140 to the light, and a sure 25 miles on reserve. (I once saw 195 miles on the odometer between fuel stops.) I used to think it was 30 on reserve until I had to push the beggar half a mile to the petrol station one day.