Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jul-2005, 12:57
Ducati Corse

The reason for the higher temperatures is the enclosed fairing design. The fans cut in at 103degrees and usually hold the temperature in the 115-117degree range. Couple of years ago I bought a different temeprature switch from Evolutionne in the States which was supposed to get the fans to cut in earlier but it made no difference to the maximum temperatures seen so I sent it back. The open fairings on the 916/996/748 allow the bikes to run cooler however it's not a problem running that high except your inner thigh gets roasted medium rare
Old 28-Sep-2005, 17:36
Montjuic

Mood: face your fears live your dreams
rear brake problem on 748
i keep losing it i have bleed it about 4 times in the last 3 mnths had a new cylinder fitted about 3 weeks ago it was ok for a while but its gone again. anyone got any ideas
Old 28-Sep-2005, 17:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by robo75uk
i keep losing it i have bleed it about 4 times in the last 3 mnths had a new cylinder fitted about 3 weeks ago it was ok for a while but its gone again. anyone got any ideas

seems a fairly common problem from what i hear. Informed sources with more inteligence than me have said it may be the heat from the engine/pipes so close to the master cylinder.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 18:07
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Quote:
Originally posted by robo75uk

You might be inadvertently spraying chain oil onto the disc. If this has happened take the pads out and either renew them or burn them with petrol. Then clean them with brake cleaner.

You will get a better response to your question if you repost with a heading such as "back brake gone" instead of posting in the middle of someone else's post
Old 28-Sep-2005, 19:35
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/vi...=8679#pid70270