Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Feb-2006, 13:22
Mille

Monster Rear Wheel Advice

Help Needed
can anyone tell me some dimension regarding Ducati monster Rear Wheel.

I need to know.

Wheel width ? is it a 4.5
The width of the hub part of wheel.
The rear wheel spindle size and length.
What is the std tyre to use

Im also told that the monster 1993 rear wheel is the same ( bolts straight in ) as a 2000 900ss is this correct

hope you can help
Old 14-Feb-2006, 13:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Ahhhhh, that wouldn't be the same wheel from a 2000SS that I'm watching on eBay would it?

I think that the rim width depends on the type of Monster you've got (think the 600 runs a 160 section as standard for example). I also think that the standard 2000 SS ran a 170/180 section tyre - so if your monster does too I think you'd be OK.

Problem you might have from a 1993 bike is that it might have a smaller spindle size than a 2000 bike - my 1993 888 (which has very similar rear suspension and swingarm to a 1993 monster) has a smaller spindle than my 2001 ST for example (which has near identical suspension as a 2001 monster). Mind you, that should be anything that a change of wheel bearings couldn't sort out.

I don't think that the wheel is exactly the same as a 1993 wheel though. I could be wrong but the earlier wheels had more of a scimitar shape to the profile of the spokes. Having said that the hubs may be the same.

I'm pretty sure that it will fit my 2001 ST - which is what I want it for, so why not leave the bidding to me

[Edited on 14-2-2006 by Jools]
Old 14-Feb-2006, 14:47
Mille

Thanks but didnt really answer the info i asked for.

The wheel is for a project im looking to replace the wheel that i have.
As i have fitted a 916 front end i want a decent rear with the same style rear wheel but normai spindle fitting not single sided arm hence me asking.

so still need the info
Old 15-Feb-2006, 06:51
Montjuic

Mood: Just Ducky
There are a few differences to look out for with wheels. Some 900 Supersports (cr models) came with a 4.5. Also there are axle sizes to consider as well as the sporocket carriers are different thicknesses for the different sized wheels.

IIRC the wheel for the 93 will fit if you change the bearings for the SS axle.

Clear yet?