Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 18-Dec-2009, 14:32
Mille

Advice renting room

Hi all. Im currently working overseas and Im due to come back to the UK in April 2010.

As it would be beneficial to live in London for work reasons and as I currently rent my house out in the north of the country, Im looking at renting a room in central London.

This would be for 12 months approx. Ive already put out the feelers to other colleagues etc, but thought it best to spread the net further.

This is a genuine request. Im a non smoker, professional employee. My Ducati 996R, will be staying up north.

Thanks
Old 18-Dec-2009, 16:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
What sort of accomodation are you after and where in London?

You can start with these two:

www.spareroom.co.uk
www.gumtree.com
Old 18-Dec-2009, 19:04
Mille

Hi to be honest, Im just speculating at the minute, but, dont particularly want to join the commuter set and spend an hour or so on the train. I understand by what I have said, will boost what I can be looking to spend on rent.

Just looking at a room cooking facilities. Thats it Ithink
Old 19-Dec-2009, 18:29
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well I guess it depends on what zone you want to live in and how many people you want to share with. Obvioussly cheaper the further out and the more people you live with. You might be looking at £300-£500 including bills.

Another thing to consider is the total commute. It might take 40 mins overland train to get into London but then you've got to face the Tube from your overland station to wherever you're going. If you're going across London it can add 45 minutes to your trip with waiting for tubes to get on, they're packed in commuter hours and you sometimes can't get on for about 3-4 trains...then walking ...something to consider when your 40 minute trip on overland actually means a 1 hour 40 minute door to door trip. Suddenly living inLondon and saving nearly 2 hours commuting a day is very attractive ...

Check those two websites out, they'll give you a good idea. If you rent from Mon-Fri and commute back to the North on weekends it will be cheaper still. I had a room available but it's gone now. Good luck with your search and let me know if I can help.

Cheers,

TP
Old 20-Dec-2009, 04:40
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
west drayton any good to you?
Old 20-Dec-2009, 15:10
Mille

Where the bl++dy hell is West Drayton?

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit