Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-May-2004, 14:35
Big Twin

Indicators

Anyone had any bother with their indicators? My NSF cannot make its mind up whether its going to flash or not. Bulb is fine and have swapped it with OSF one. Reading some of the posts on Multistrada.net it seems people have had a problem with the same thing and it has been the dash/display unit at fault. Apparently there is a relay inside which malfunctions if water gets into the dash. I really cannot see it being this as I have been very carefull when washing the bike to keep water well away from the dash. The dash is not misted up at all.

Also the bike has not been started for over a week and when I tried to start it today the engine warning light came on at the first 2 attempts. Eventually it fired up on the 5th or 6th try, Could it be the dash?

Any thoughts?
Old 06-May-2004, 15:22
Big Twin

SORTED! (I hope)

I carried on fiddling about and then the indicator at the other side stopped working. As the rear indicators worked fine I discounted the theory the Dash unit may be at fault as surely front and rear must be fed from the same pinout from the dash.

I trace the wiring back from the indicators to down in front of the tank and sure enough at either side there are a pair of cheapo quality "bullet" type connectors. I pulled them apart and sure enough both pairs of male and female connectors were "furred" up due to road salt. I cleaned them all up and everything works fine now!

Its a bit shoddy for a 2 month old bike to be having these kinds of faults. Whenever I clean the bike I squirt plenty of Duck Oil onto the electrical connections and metal parts to keep this kind of corrosion at bay. I will have to pay special attention to these connectors in future.
Old 06-May-2004, 18:21
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
I had the same problem with my NSF indicator early doors.
Hasn't been a problem of recent but it's difficult to know particulary in daylight riding.
I think I'll check out connectors you've highlighted anyway.
Cheers Martin!