Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Nov-2004, 12:02
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

Checa\'s first test on the Desmosedici

Checa makes Ducati debut at Valencia
News, 01/11/04

Carlos Checa made his unofficial debut onboard the Ducati Desmosedici on Monday afternoon. The Spanish rider was joined on track by his new team-mate Loris Capirossi as Ducati Marlboro began their winter testing programme just one day after the end of the 2004 MotoGP World Championship.

Riding the current version Desmosedici GP4, Checa clocked a best lap time of 1’34.0s whilst Capirossi ran up 41 laps, working to find the traction that he had lacked during the weekend. The Italian’s best lap time was 1’34.4. Both riders will continue testing on Wednesday and Thursday.

“It is strange to ride two different bike in two days but I am glad to be starting my relationship with Ducati so early,” commented Checa. “There is a good atmosphere in the team and they have all made me very welcome. I’m looking forward to getting back to work on Thursday and making more progress.”

..... I still think its a crazy decision to swap Bayliss for Checa but I guess they just want to sell more bikes in Spain !!!
Old 02-Nov-2004, 12:05
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Dukerob
Checa makes Ducati debut at Valencia
News, 01/11/04

Carlos Checa made his unofficial debut onboard the Ducati Desmosedici on Monday afternoon. The Spanish rider was joined on track by his new team-mate Loris Capirossi as Ducati Marlboro began their winter testing programme just one day after the end of the 2004 MotoGP World Championship.

Riding the current version Desmosedici GP4, Checa clocked a best lap time of 1’34.0s whilst Capirossi ran up 41 laps, working to find the traction that he had lacked during the weekend. The Italian’s best lap time was 1’34.4. Both riders will continue testing on Wednesday and Thursday.

“It is strange to ride two different bike in two days but I am glad to be starting my relationship with Ducati so early,” commented Checa. “There is a good atmosphere in the team and they have all made me very welcome. I’m looking forward to getting back to work on Thursday and making more progress.”

..... I still think its a crazy decision to swap Bayliss for Checa but I guess they just want to sell more bikes in Spain !!!

It's madness I tell you - DAMN MADNESS!!
Old 02-Nov-2004, 12:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Order your carbon soon. Next year it'll all be reserved for Chucca
Old 02-Nov-2004, 12:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dukerob
I guess they just want to sell more bikes in Spain !!!

nope, Marlboro fags is the real reason. As I said elsewhere if you want Aussie influence in rider selection perhaps Fosters should put their hands in their pockets and go racing?
Old 02-Nov-2004, 14:30
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
I wonder if they've given Chucker Bayliss' bike from Sunday?

Have to say, if he's already lapping faster than Capirossi is at the same test things might not be as bad as we thought

Cheers!

Scott
Old 02-Nov-2004, 22:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
looking good....
Old 05-Nov-2004, 17:14
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
damn thats sexy in all carbon, £35k on the road version and a few k on carbon and it could be just be worth the money, imagine the looks at your local meet

checa's time does look good but were they both running the same spec bikes and what were the times from the non ducati testers, how do they compare to them

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit