Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jun-2005, 11:50
Mille

Mood: RIDING FOR THE DARK SIDE
DONT SUPPOSE ANYONE HAPPENS TO BE IN BRADFORD TODAY WITH AN HOUR TO SPARE..???????????????????/

COUPLE OF VIRTUAL DRINKS IN IT AND A ENORMOUS THANKS FROM ME
Old 04-Jun-2005, 10:35
Bevel Head

If you can, get the last owners name and address from the V5 and see if you can get their number to give them a ring. I've often done this to get previous history or ask questions about used bikes I've bought, and most owners are more than happy to talk about them - plus, not owning the bike anymore or having a vested interest, they are normally more honest about any damage or work thats been done on it.

It could well be they had it on finance and lost their job or something, rather than them being some dodgy geezer.

Give em a call and see if they still have the accessories, and if they want to sell them to you - if they are skint they may jump at the chance - also ask if you can buy all the paperwork and history from them they've got.

I'd imagine if it was a repo, the bailiffs would just take the bike as is with the V5 and wouldnt know about the other parts, and I doubt the owner was in much of a mood for being helpful and digging out all the other paperwork for them at the time !

For 8.5K sounds pretty good unless its been really abused, spend even another £1K get a complete service and any odds and sods that need doing and you've still got a cheap bike.
Old 07-Jun-2005, 15:48
Mille

Mood: Long on Duke's...so happy
Would be interested to hear how you got on with bike, still reckon mine's the best balanced Ducati I've ever had......BTW, JPM, what's that you were saying about a red white and blue cover? Don't ever remember mine having one and bought it brand new.....?
Old 07-Jun-2005, 16:02
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by bostrom998
Would be interested to hear how you got on with bike, still reckon mine's the best balanced Ducati I've ever had......BTW, JPM, what's that you were saying about a red white and blue cover? Don't ever remember mine having one and bought it brand new.....?

Yep, you get a cover red/white/blue with Ben's signature embossed and 155 in large letters also, comes in a seperate bag
Old 07-Jun-2005, 16:04
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
Quote:

Bostrom998

Can you take some pictures of your seat unit for me please from all different angles
Cheers

Dave
Old 07-Jun-2005, 16:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
I paid MP a visit a while ago. Some very serious machinery for sale.

The premises lack a certain je ne sais qui.

Ray.
Old 09-Jun-2005, 18:12
Mille

Pictures of my seat unit from all angles..........is anyone else reading this thinking what I'm thinking?
Old 09-Jun-2005, 18:43
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
Quote:
Pictures of my seat unit from all angles..........is anyone else reading this thinking what I'm thinking?

Hmmm like that is it

The pics are so that I can see how to spray my sigle seat!!!!

TTFN

Dave
Old 09-Jun-2005, 18:53
Mille

Well I've got a lovely seat unit (!) but don't want it photographed from ALL angles.....
Old 09-Jun-2005, 20:36
GTL

If you havent brought it I know of another with ALL the extras that is for sale for £8000 !!! Bloody good price. Its not mine and I am not making anything from it