Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Jan-2009, 09:57
GTL

Mood: Faster!!!
Blackberry.....Bold....Includes Wi-fi! No other choice for business!

The Storm is very flakey...but the bold is all you'll ever need!
Old 30-Jan-2009, 10:07
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
Yes I was thinking that. MOst packages seem to give you t'internet

Well, 3G is not Wifi
3G is great when on the train or in a taxi, but when in an actual office and when not using a desktop, Wifi will make a big difference

Also I can't even make a phone call on my mobile at home, let alone browsing the Internet
Old 30-Jan-2009, 10:40
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
There is a mobile Gmail client, java based, that I run on my HTC device. It doesn't have calendar functionality but you can reach the Google calendar in a browser. The latest HTC HD has a very good screen and a full keyboard. For developing I think that's where it has an advantage over an iPhone, a full qwerty keyboard. Along with Wifi, HSDPA, GPS (works fine with google maps but it's not a satnav replacement) it's the full spec.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 10:43
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I have very little issue with mine when browsing, using outlook or making calls. Only when I am in the middle of nowhere do I lose signal, briefly, and even tho the network is the same it seems to keep signal where my last nokia didnt.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 10:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
There is a mobile Gmail client, java based, that I run on my HTC device. It doesn't have calendar functionality but you can reach the Google calendar in a browser. The latest HTC HD has a very good screen and a full keyboard. For developing I think that's where it has an advantage over an iPhone, a full qwerty keyboard. Along with Wifi, HSDPA, GPS (works fine with google maps but it's not a satnav replacement) it's the full spec.

I forgot to add, it's touch screen with a stylus as well as the full qwerty keyboard. Has touchFLO like the iPhone for the same/similar browsing experience. So I think it matches the iPhone in most areas but has an advantage with the keyboard, stylus and wifi. Also, iPhone doesn't do picture messaging!!! WTF is that about!!!

My HTC has two cameras, I recently used the screen side one to take a self portrait for a security card and emailed it to the security staff as I was standing at their desk. Job done.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 11:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Jon is probably better placed to answer the Blackberry questions... but

Bold is awesome!! not touch screen but by far the best device out there for business use.

Iphone is good but not great for applications and documents etc.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 11:45
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
I forgot to add, it's touch screen with a stylus as well as the full qwerty keyboard. Has touchFLO like the iPhone for the same/similar browsing experience. So I think it matches the iPhone in most areas but has an advantage with the keyboard, stylus and wifi. Also, iPhone doesn't do picture messaging!!! WTF is that about!!!

My HTC has two cameras, I recently used the screen side one to take a self portrait for a security card and emailed it to the security staff as I was standing at their desk. Job done.

iphone cannot do mms but you can take photos and email etc. I can honestly say in 14 months of owning it that this has even been an issue. If you get one sent to you then you connect straight through and can see it online.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 12:08
Bevel Head

I've used a Blackberry Curve for over a year and its seems the best 'phone I've had for business use. Synching contacts, emails, calender etc. with Outlook very easy.

Been looking at the Storm but can't upgrade 'till March so I'll be interested if anyone else has any comments. Aparantly battery life is not so good?

Mark.
Old 30-Jan-2009, 12:12
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO 749s
I've used a Blackberry Curve for over a year and its seems the best 'phone I've had for business use. Synching contacts, emails, calender etc. with Outlook very easy.

Been looking at the Storm but can't upgrade 'till March so I'll be interested if anyone else has any comments. Aparantly battery life is not so good?

Mark.

I would wait for the curve replacement if you are not in any rush.

it's very good and would be my choice
Old 30-Jan-2009, 13:14
Bevel Head

Thanks Lily

I thought the Storm was the curve replacement?

Mark.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit