Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jan-2005, 10:04
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
If you do get the bike set up correctly, even if you can't really tell the difference, you do have the satisfaction of knowing the engine is running at its best. I work on 30000 hp engines, and I must admit even after adjusting the fuelling, I cant really take advantage of that 4 hp mid range gain.:de vil:
Old 22-Jan-2005, 10:14
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by adam
just got home from work and was surprised with the responses to my question. From what i had read about power commanders my main concern was fueling, when you had fitted termis. I dont know why Weeksy assumed i need my 996r to go faster thats not what i asked, ok the word POWER may have something to do with it, but extra power is not needed, I was just concerned about fuel mixture and whether the ECU supplied with my termis was sufficient in correcting it. Weeksy, you have racing on the brain, power,power,power. no,no,no. smoothness,smoothness,smoothness, thats all im after, mixture not to rich or to lean. im not an engine man so i do need to ask questions like this. Is John Hacket just saying bikes need them just to sell them? mmmmm

Adam- I got Nelly to set the fueling up when it had the race ECU and termis fitted. She's never seemed to have any fuelling problems as far as my limited knowledge can tell. There are no flat-spots that I've noticed and she pulls like a train!!

So will you gain from getting a PC fitted, probably, but I'd bet the difference would be pretty marginal, might only showup on a dyno (and not noticeable in real world riding) and not worth the £ outlay required.

Tim

[Edited on 22-1-2005 by Rattler]
Old 22-Jan-2005, 10:34
Big Twin

Mood: happy
Thanks Tim, as I said earlier, it was just an enquiry regarding PCs. It would be hard to justify that money on one when I could spend on other goodies. Battery was flat as a witches t*t.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 11:13
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by adam
Battery was flat as a witches t*t.

I assume that all's OK now though?

I'll get the stock ECU posted off today, apologies, been a bit manic.

Tim
Old 22-Jan-2005, 11:50
Big Twin

Mood: happy
just left the optimiser on all week, ill give it a go today. should'nt be any problems. No worries about ECU, whenever.
Tim, is there a way of putting the alarm on stand by mode, for working on the bike, cant remember what i done last time.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 13:13
WSB Hero

The details are in the manual, but if I remember correctly, you turn the ignition off, then before it sets the full alarm, press the button and this just immobilises the ignition - I think.

Its one of those things that I could show you if I was there, but can't remember the exact sequence.

Tim
Old 22-Jan-2005, 13:54
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Spoke to John Hackett today........ he dyno'd my bike this week.
The fitting of the pc111 usb has gained me 11bhp and 15ft/lbs extra torque. Plus its ironed out the peaks and troughs on the power curve.
Old 22-Jan-2005, 14:00
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
john said i would notice the tracktability of it. Whether i can use it or not.................
Old 22-Jan-2005, 14:02
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Spoke to John Hackett today........ he dyno'd my bike this week.
The fitting of the pc111 usb has gained me 11bhp and 15ft/lbs extra torque. Plus its ironed out the peaks and troughs on the power curve.

Blimey that's a lot - what is it now? Was it way out before?
What does the book say it should be as standard and what was yours throwing out?

Tim
Old 22-Jan-2005, 15:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Tim I think the stock would be before race cans, etc?

If not, I'm getting me one of those