Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jul-2004, 19:18
Mille

I put the reg into our vrm database,its comes up as a import,996cc and red,
Frame no ZDMH100AAUB000891 and eng no ZDM996W4000972.

Jon
Old 29-Jul-2004, 19:23
500SD

Mood: Christ been away too long....
He did mention that he exported and re-imported it. I've sent him a couple of mails and he hasn't responded to them yet.

I might well give him a buzz later - see if they tally.

Cheers Jon

Paul
Old 29-Jul-2004, 19:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
To put us all out of our misery I called they guy up. He sounds as straight-up as you could get.

Said it was an import, then exported to middle-east with 0 km on, then re-imported and returned to road legal.

Confirmed the engine & frame numbers, welcomed visitors, and was definite that it'd never been down on either side.

Which makes it something of a bargain assuming it's mechanically sound. Cheapest I can find elsewhere is £6.3k.

Good luck.

Ali
Old 29-Jul-2004, 23:55
500SD

It may be worth a trip down there...

cheers

Paul
Old 31-Jul-2004, 20:21
500SD

Today...?!?!?!?!?

So 'ere I go, up early to go take a look at this bike - 916sps in Devon.

Leave at 7:30am, drive to Taunton through all of the holiday traffic - taking detour after detour (me missus doing some serious navigating around M5) get there at 11:50 ('bout 9 mins before the Ebay auction end time) - look over the bike and details - It WAS genuine a real stunner - immaculate!!! about 4.5k miles, all the bits - over £15k new he said - Gotta get it.

The guy lends me his PC to log on...it's via dial-up (sorry geezer used to Broadband) and it's a slow link.... sitting their waiting for the login screen to come up - 2 mins to go...come on....come on.. I''m saying in me head this is a great opportunity (only if the soddin' screen refreshes)... It comes up..bang.... current Bid £4,850 - jeez methinks whack in £5,287 (random number thought of on spur of the moment)...you've got just over a minute - quick your only chance.......

Go out onto the patio and the guy's missus brings out a lovely cup of coffee...still biting my nails - shall I go back and just check hmmm........?

Go back into his house, sit at the PC, refresh the screen - ..........bugger....... gone to some git for just over £5.3k.

Gutted.

Whoever got it - has a true bargain. I tried to see if he would take the same price- but fair due's the guy was pretty straight and said the deal is a deal - still I gave him 'me contact details just in case.

Took a few light years this side of the millenium to get home, traffic on the A303 - bad, on the M3 - better (M25 junction bloody awful), pulled off to go through Hampton to A3 - and some pillock desides to have an accident - road is closed and poured back passed Chessington to the M25 and home.

Still, convinced my missus to have a go at riding a bike on the way back so not all bad! (she couldn't ride a pushbike too good - so I'm not over optimistic).

I'll continue on the lookout for a nice bike - just have to wait until the right one comes along.

Paul