Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 06-Oct-2009, 13:40
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
'Who's the fast guy on the SS without the lights then?' That was my first impression of the new guy Andy in 06? I think.

You have always been consistent Andy, in person and in race or track mode, always having a good time. I'm glad I kept about half a season in front of you over the years, to save you kicking my ass. You, Trace and your Dad have always been great supporters of DD and brought the best 'fan base' to every round. I remember chatting to your Dad about his sidecar days and him telling me how 'wild' my regular last corner Oulton pk lines were that day!

Thanks for adding everything you have to the DSC and DD, (DJ-ing at trackdays wtf?) and just goes to show, you get what you give!!

I could blame you for my Snetterton 'incident', (I was too busy looking behind to look in front of me maybe?) But I won't!

Look after you insides buddy, your heart is just asking you to stop the swimming maybe? Glad you caught it early too.

You all have bikes and beds in Aus anytime.

Cheers
Old 06-Oct-2009, 14:44
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
My Dad used to say 'look at how hard he's trying, he's on the grass at the exit of the corners.......'

100% doesnt come into it, you gave 110% everytime.

Might take you up on the Oz thing one day, never been but got loads of family out there.

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
'Who's the fast guy on the SS without the lights then?' That was my first impression of the new guy Andy in 06? I think.

You have always been consistent Andy, in person and in race or track mode, always having a good time. I'm glad I kept about half a season in front of you over the years, to save you kicking my ass. You, Trace and your Dad have always been great supporters of DD and brought the best 'fan base' to every round. I remember chatting to your Dad about his sidecar days and him telling me how 'wild' my regular last corner Oulton pk lines were that day!

Thanks for adding everything you have to the DSC and DD, (DJ-ing at trackdays wtf?) and just goes to show, you get what you give!!

I could blame you for my Snetterton 'incident', (I was too busy looking behind to look in front of me maybe?) But I won't!

Look after you insides buddy, your heart is just asking you to stop the swimming maybe? Glad you caught it early too.

You all have bikes and beds in Aus anytime.

Cheers
Old 06-Oct-2009, 14:46
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Best wishes Andy.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 06-Oct-2009, 15:26
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
All best with this mate see you about
Old 06-Oct-2009, 15:48

Well what can we say matey that hasn't all ready been said , its been fantastic to watch you and the rest of the guys and girls racing in the series over the last three and a bit years. We have has some great weekends away camping and some brilliant laughs. To us Andy (Valentino) is a true gent always has a smile on his face and has time for everyone. If my memory serves me right our first meet was mallory and from there we got the bug,seeing Andy tank around was something we didn't expect of him. We will not be disappearing we are going to have a few weekends away watching the series (Sorry Tim you not getting rid of us that quick we will be around to cook some more burgers if required Andy titanium valve is being polished up and tray will put ready with the op equipment can't say much more Andy said it all in me text sunday ,good luck with the op and see you soon .

Chris and the Valentino 65 /1 Fan Club

Last edited by OWTBAR : 06-Oct-2009 at 15:57.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 16:05
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
All the best Andy - if you can ward off the likes of Will and Otei the op will be a doddle!

Best wishes for whatever you do next - I'm glad I finally got to stand on a podium with you!

Paul

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 06-Oct-2009, 18:39
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I've only been around half a season and the closest I've got to you is when you're lapping me, in fact one of my best moments so far is racing for the full 8 laps in this Sunday's first DD race. Seeing the result sheet reading 2.00.18 behind instead of 1 lap was a big acheivement for me.

Take on the op like you do your racing and you'll sail through it no problem fella.

Much respect to you and see you around next year.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 06-Oct-2009, 20:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Best of luck with the op Andy. And Contratulations again for all your achievements during those 4 seasons. There are not many Champions out there, but you're one of them. Twice.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 20:57
500SD

good luck with the op Andy lucky that you were able to get it diagnosed and are getting the appropriate treatment.

my neighbour had a similar problem and similar op a couple of years ago, being a marathon runner and a similar age to you, he couldnt understand why he was suddenly out of breath where he was normally still going strong so also did the sensible thing. he has made a great recovery, the health of his heart otherwise and his general good health and fitness levels sped up the recovery no end.

not a bad record to bow out with now really is it

all the best and congratulations again on your championship win this year
Old 06-Oct-2009, 21:00
500SD

Congratulations on the championship Andy - double champ does DD have any other double champs???

You've always had a positive word which is a great thing. I'm sure you will deal with this new challenge in the same way.

Good luck

Franco