Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Apr-2004, 23:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mallory 18th April, Monty/WJB what happened

Guys did you go to the Mallory round of the New Era Superclub or did the weather put you off.
Old 26-Apr-2004, 15:19
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
oh we went alright

It rained and it rained and it rained some more, much worse that the DSC day there last year and even windier than Pembrey if that was possible.

Another miserable weekend. We woke at 6.00am in the tent in a puddle basically....tent, mattress, pillow, sleeping bag, soaked through.

Qualifying was wet and I'm not sure of the bike at all in the wet yet - first time on wet tyres in the wet, (as opposed to the wrong tyre choice as in Pembrey). We qualified second last - someone going slower than me must have been pushing the bike round. First race, I got an ok start and made up a couple into Gerrards, then lost them again as they piled past me on the exit and the way into Edwinas. I took too long to get into it and they all disappeared in front of me. When I finally woke up and started to get some better lap times it was too late, but I passed a couple by the end. At least I was racing!!!!

The second race was basically a raft race in a howling gale, so I chickened out and decided to keep the bike safe for another day.

So we're not doing very well so far, in fact we're not doing very well at all.

Next race meeting is my favourite Cadwell on 22 and 23 May. Hopefully it'll be dry and I will remember to take my racing brain with me!

WeeJohnyB
Old 26-Apr-2004, 16:20
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Oh, and by the way in case you missed it in all this talk of racing-IT WAS DAM WET!! In fact I reckon we could have held a jet ski race.............

John
Old 27-Apr-2004, 00:43
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Typed lenghty reply but database connection error lost it, can't be bothered to type it again as this is happening far to often and is pi55ing me off
Old 27-Apr-2004, 18:29
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Yes we are having trouble with our ISP currently-probably because we have given them notice-so now they REALLY don't give a dam!
I have been copying my post's Kev so that if I get the 'database connection' error I can just re-connect and paste the post straight back in-works for me.

John

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit