Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Sep-2004, 22:23

Mood: Want some knee down action
Supercorsas

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how to tell between the different types of the Supercorsas? I ordered a pair, on the sticker with the bar code it says SC1 and SC2, but on the tyres themselves only the 58W and 73W thing, which doesn't help much because on Pirelli's site thats the reference for all the Supercorsas road and track compounds on that size.

On the sticker with the code bar it does say they are SC1 and SC2's together with some reference numbers and they match the numbers printed on the thread of the tyre, is that the only way to confirm?

Thanks for the info

PC
Old 16-Sep-2004, 00:21
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
There should be a small coloured section on the wall of the tyres with the rating written on them.

Without checking, I think its in yellow letters and number on a green background?

Tim
Old 16-Sep-2004, 02:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Normally the Super Corsas have a colour code marked on them depending on the compound they are, its blue, green and Yellow, for SC1, SC2 and SC3 and Rennsports use the same. With SC1 the softest.
Old 16-Sep-2004, 03:47

Mood: Want some knee down action
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Normally the Super Corsas have a colour code marked on them depending on the compound they are, its blue, green and Yellow, for SC1, SC2 and SC3 and Rennsports use the same. With SC1 the softest.

ok, after reading this I checked the tyres again and notice this black plastic strip. Found the rating, underneath the small black plastic strip. Glued to the tyre actually. Black background Blue SC1 letters, green SC2. Wonder why they do this?

I'll sleep much better tonight, knowing I have the correct tyres

Cheers guys

PC