Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 11-Dec-2004, 00:56
500SD

Datatool veto evo.. advice needed

Hi guys/gals

Took the battery off my 888 today after setting the alarm (Veto Evo) to 'service' mode. When I left the bike at 5pm the red light was lit on the top yoke, and the siren was 'chirping' every fifteen seconds (as it's meant to do according to the literature). Now, six hours later, the red light is out and the siren is 'chirping' every second or so! Is this just the back-up battery running down, or is it something to be concerned about? Anyone have any idea?

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-Dec-2004, 01:38
Mille

yes it's the internal battery running down, it should resume to it's 'noisey' mode when battery reconnected.
Old 11-Dec-2004, 02:04
500SD

Cheers Mart

The book doesn't say the 'chirping' would become incessant. The garage sounds like it's full of budgies! (..and I ruined my Spyball alarm by leaving off the battery for too long, so am now a bit paranoid!)

Steve
Old 11-Dec-2004, 02:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
steve, i left my datatool unplugged for about 3 months once... the chirping stopped when the internal battery run dead (as it would!) but had no probs at all bringing it back to life when reconnecting the bikes battery.

I'll ask my datatool contact tomorrow (today!) if it might be a problem but it wasn't for me. will post again with more info.

n
Old 11-Dec-2004, 11:12
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
That's good news, I was wondering if I would have issues (like Redruth) with the box not recognising the blippers once the power comes back on.

X'd fingers here, then.
Old 11-Dec-2004, 12:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Just spoke to blokey from datatool, he works on the tech support so should know what he's on about!

He says it won't be a problem at all if the internal battery drains... just plug it all back in when ready and the alarm will come back on in service mode when the bike battery is reconnected, and the alarm battery will charge itself up again. The zappers won't even need to be re-aligned.

steve, you also have a u2u with some more info

n
Old 11-Dec-2004, 13:21
500SD

Cheers NB You have U2U

Rob: My Spyball lost all trace of its previous settings when the battery was stored off-bike for the winter. Remotes couldn't be re-aligned. The alarm had to be disconnected, and it's now being carried merely as a dead-weight on my Strada. (Hence my paranoia!!)

Steve

UPDATE:
Refitted the battery today - after three days - and the alarm/remotes were reset with no probs. Thanks again NB

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by weeveetwin]