Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Feb-2005, 11:42
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
S2R on the way

Just ordered a black S2R,for delivery on my birthday in May.
Having had a good look at the showroom bike in Glasgow it seems much more stylish than its big brother.
Its evident that some of the bits may need uprating if I'm to keep it any great length of time,the brakes being the first target-though I'll actually ride the thing before definately making my mind up.
Has anyone else actually got their hands on one yet?

I'll keep the 750m dark until then, but it'll have to go as I think my wife will lose it if I'accidently' end up with four ducati's at the same time
Old 19-Feb-2005, 12:22
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Nice Dave they do look much nicer in the flesh

Is yours all black gloss? not the dark version?

My dealer has the black with red stripe, and red with white stripe and wheels a pain to clean but looks real nice a lot more than the 6k asking price!

Be interested to hear how it fares, what other bike u have?

I have 748s now and wondered how it will compare torque be simialr but less top end i guess those brakes look ok but wonder how well they really work

[Edited on 19-2-2005 by Lee1980]
Old 19-Feb-2005, 12:40
500SD

Gloss black with the red stripe.
I was really tempted by the red one as it also has a classy looking red frame.....but I've had white wheels before and they are a nightmare to keep clean.
I've still got my 916 and 750ss and M750 along with two track bikes and a trail 125,makes me sound loaded but all of these are old bikes and if I sold all of them still wouldnt cover the price of a new superbike.
One of the reasons for going straight for the S2R was the price,the next nearest thing I was tempted with was the new Triumph speed triple,but even that is still almost two grand dearer,and for less than that I reckon I could tinker with some modest add ons and still get what I want.
Old 19-Feb-2005, 17:54
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Got a few then Dave nice

Lots to comapare with, did look nice with red stripe, i want to see the yellow with black stripe in the flesh to.

I'll see how i go through this year if i get a good deal may swap this year but more likely wait till next year.

I love my 748s but just a bit demanding to ride all the time and un comfy, still like dukes though so a monster will be nice meduim.

love the S4r to but high running costs!!
Old 22-Feb-2005, 21:55

Mood: merry
black

I have a black/black one and i love the look of it its so so sexy, hopin to have a tail chop in a week or so.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 22:44
500SD

I'd be really interested if you keep me(us?) informed with how your getting on with any mods.
Also what your opinion of what its like to live with etc. as I havent come across anyone else with one yet (magazine reports and journalists dont count) .
Old 22-Feb-2005, 22:51
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Dave,

Good to hear about the new bike mate - that's a couple of new things this year already??

Remember, loadsa pics mate when you collect it.

Cheers!

Scott
Old 23-Feb-2005, 00:31

Mood: merry
Dave

you going to take it on the monster track day? i am.
Old 23-Feb-2005, 09:31
500SD

Well just make sure you are caught on a prop camcorder this time..when you made an arse of yourself last year the quality of pics was terrible(real funny though!)
Old 23-Feb-2005, 12:24
500SD

Banshee

I've got no plans to trackday on the S2r,I've got two 400cc trackbikes and it doesnt make sense for me to risk my other bikes when thats what these are actually for,-probably be at Cadwell on 23rd of May on one of them,thats the first of the year.

Scott,I'm looking forward to it,and I'll make sure this one get some miles on it too,to make up for last year,Jayne should fit back in her leathers and baby Fionn can be left with sister,hopefully see you at the bike show,still dont know which day I'll be there.