Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Aug-2009, 01:24

Exclamation eBay rubbish

Beware of eBay companies trading on "Made in Germany" quality. I've had a **** Tecno gel battery, paper thin 'carbon' rubbish, ill-fitting billet parts: you won't get any satisfaction from these people, they ignore your e-mails, even if written in perfect German. EBay won't help you much either, it sometimes seems to be a way for 'dealers' to unload dud stock and avoid local consumer protection issues.
Old 17-Aug-2009, 01:38
Mille

Welcome to the world of ebay! it seems to be filling up with more and more tat and is no longer just the guy clearing out his garage where proper bargains were to be had, now its full of shops that do not believe in customer service and are just after your hard earned ££££. Me thinks its time to back to actually going into a shop and manualy handing over my money (shock horror!!) to make sure I get the product I want!!

Rant over (I've not been bitten by ebay much!!!)

Adam
Old 17-Aug-2009, 01:50

Agreed, use your credit card and buy locally - at least you can go and slap down the '****' on the guy's shop counter and demand restitution face to face...at least until fleaBay sort themselves out and provide proper customer service...
Old 17-Aug-2009, 13:54
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Sorry but for batteries I think a lot of the time you pay for what you get.

I've seen lots of similar "Platinum Technology / lifetime guarantee" stuff = garbage.

Drop our new discount partner MDS batteries a line and get something decent:

www.mdsbattery.co.uk
Old 17-Aug-2009, 19:35
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 748adam
Welcome to the world of ebay! it seems to be filling up with more and more tat and is no longer just the guy clearing out his garage where proper bargains were to be had, now its full of shops that do not believe in customer service and are just after your hard earned ££££. Me thinks its time to back to actually going into a shop and manualy handing over my money (shock horror!!) to make sure I get the product I want!!

Rant over (I've not been bitten by ebay much!!!)

Adam
Thats the exact reason I closed my shop, every tom DICK and Harry wanted to buy off ebay and come into your shop and tell you how much you were overcharging them for the same thing !!
You've all had it good by buying bargains off the 'Bay', but with no customer support.....the grass is always greener ?
Old 19-Aug-2009, 13:33

good point...
Old 28-Aug-2009, 19:23
Montjuic

I think you need to be a little less general here. Granted there are some rogue traders out there who sell faulty goods and don't offer refunds, but for every one dodgy one there are a thousand that are excellent, selling great quality items for a very fair price.

None of this is a function of Ebay. Ebay just makes the world of commerce more accessible to joe public, so anyone can create an Ebay shop whereas they may not want to set up a formal trading facility.

I have recently bought from MPL tuningparts and Ricambi Weisse, both from Germany, both on Ebay, both provided excellent goods at a fair price.

In hundreds of Ebay transactions I have only had a disagreement with the other party on three occasions. I'd call that at a successful result.

Mark.
Old 02-Sep-2009, 00:11
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiparts.110mb
I think you need to be a little less general here. Granted there are some rogue traders out there who sell faulty goods and don't offer refunds, but for every one dodgy one there are a thousand that are excellent, selling great quality items for a very fair price.

None of this is a function of Ebay. Ebay just makes the world of commerce more accessible to joe public, so anyone can create an Ebay shop whereas they may not want to set up a formal trading facility.

I have recently bought from MPL tuningparts and Ricambi Weisse, both from Germany, both on Ebay, both provided excellent goods at a fair price.

In hundreds of Ebay transactions I have only had a disagreement with the other party on three occasions. I'd call that at a successful result.

Mark.

Well Mark, I agree there are a lot of top quality ebay traders, however in any walk of life you get rogue traders, and ive experienced them myself.

you may have seen many great deals on ebay by those who havent made the effort to open retail premises and give the public a face to face service, a lot of retail businesses have suferred due to ebay. There are many people running an ebay business as a second income with no tax liability and flying 'under the tax radar'.

Fleabay is far more on the side of rogue buyers than those perveying a quality service.
Eventually there will be little left of any high streets and retailers as most business will be conducted over the internet.
enjoy your interaction with the computer
Old 19-Dec-2009, 02:19
Montjuic

I have found it a struggle to sell parts on ebay lately.

A couple of years ago people seemed to know about the products and understood you got what you paid for.

Now on ebay i get people complaining or offering silly money for expensive high quality stuff like cm composit,STM,EVR etc.But because they see cheap chinese tat called carbon going for £150 they think my stuff is overpriced.

Grrrrr if only they knew about quality carbon and cost of this.

Seems to me alot of people no1 priority is price not quality these days.

Last edited by matt#corse : 19-Dec-2009 at 14:18.
Old 21-Dec-2009, 13:19
Mille

Question

I know what you mean...

I think even a little knowledge can go a long way.

I've always tried to stick to the correct brands (genuine Brembo, Ohlins, MS Production), but even ignoring the blatant 'fake' items that pop up in places (i.e. Thailand and Hong Kong) there's a (albeit small) group of people within Europe that're pretty 'economical' with information that would help a buyer.

When it comes to 'cheap' parts, I suppose it's very much 'you get what you pay for'...

There's arguments either way, as I know a couple of people who're very pleased with pattern and painted 'Chinese' fairings. Personally, it's not what I'm looking for, but I can understand why they've made their choice.

My only worry is what happens when I try to sell stuff myself... I've had this sort of argument with 2-stroke parts, with people saying that they can get cheaper elsewhere. 'Fair enough' is my normal frame of mind, but they seemed stunned when I give them a 'bottom/final' price and say that I'm not going to sell it at a loss.

G