Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Oct-2006, 17:22
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriff
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OHLIN...38157079QQrdZ1

Or you can use a DU440 but the hose is only 440mm so you need to get a longer hose. Get them from the US for about US$700. Shock lenght is 330mm. As far as I'm aware all 851/888's except the tricolors (I'm not sure on them) have the same dimentions for suspension.

And why do you guys go on about the "SP rocker" my what was standard 1990 851 Biposto has one.
Griff
Hi, latter strada had a cast rocker and different yellow arm,they can't be mixed and matched.
Steve Robins S.W.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 21:32
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
Griff, the SP version has the ride height adjuster and the casting is also totally different. I'll see if I can post up some parts drawings tomorrow.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 21:42
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Bugger, does that mean that I can't use the SP/early adjustable setup on my 1992 851 - which has already got an Ohlins on it?
My Ohlins is a DU807, which was listed for the SP as the reservoir routes best to the lefthand side of the subframe. my 851 is like a 888 Strada with the reservoir on the right so there is a bit of cable tie action needed. One day I'll get an SP subframe....

Confused of Alton

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 11-Oct-2006, 22:50
GTL

Mood: anamorphic with overtones of sanguineness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R
Hi, latter strada had a cast rocker and different yellow arm,they can't be mixed and matched.
Steve Robins S.W.
Yes I know I have one sitting on my bench. The rocker and the hoop must be changed as a pair. Also early 851's took different eyerod ends. But the rising rate geometry is always the same. Frame lugs in same place, swing arm lugs in same place, shocks are all 330mm long. This is what I can gather from looking at the situation very carefully. If I'm wrong I'd appreciate new information.
Griff
Old 11-Oct-2006, 23:36
Ducati Corse

My SP5 has a Du 8701,with as already explained,adjustable eccentric in the the top rocker.Strada U-Hoop's will not fit this rocker.Or vice versa.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:40
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriff
Yes I know I have one sitting on my bench. The rocker and the hoop must be changed as a pair. Also early 851's took different eyerod ends. But the rising rate geometry is always the same. Frame lugs in same place, swing arm lugs in same place, shocks are all 330mm long. This is what I can gather from looking at the situation very carefully. If I'm wrong I'd appreciate new information.
Griff

Hooray, sounds like I can use my adjustable rocker and matching hoop - which happens to be yellow as well :-)

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer