Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 18-Apr-2004, 15:02
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
What\'s The point

Having just watched the Motogp I can only say that the rules differ according to who you are. When last season Tamada made a similar move to that put on Biaggi by Rossi he was penalised but of course Rossi is allowed to get away with it.
At least now we know that it is going to be yet another Rossi benefit year I can save the price of my ticket to Donnington. What with Motogp WSB F1 & the Premiership all being forgone conclusions every year it makes me yearn for the days when sport was interesting.
Old 18-Apr-2004, 16:54
Mille

Mood: In The
I thought it was a great race, showing us all that if you put Rossi on a Raleigh Chopper, he would still put it on the podium. When was the last F1 race that 1st and 2nd finished 0.2 apart? (probably the staged Ferrari finish)
Add the fact that HRC a now bound to give their 'works' riders a good kick up the backside and some new parts to beat Rossi, I don't think Rossi will have it all his own way all year.
As for the Pirelli Cup being a forgone conclusion: Did you not see today's races then? Chili, what a race!
Nice one the BBC for showing 2 hours worth.
Matt
Old 18-Apr-2004, 17:07
500SD

I had already said that F1 had become boreing. It is obvious that Biaggi is not good enough to beat or is at least not that desperate to win that he would risk an accident. It was obvious that he could retake biaggi at any time.Yes I did watch WSB and the second race was exiting but that was just one wet round. Would you honestly bet on anyone other than Lacconi or more probably Toseland winning the championship.
Oh for the days when any one of approx 6 riders could win a championship. IMHO the only series worth watching is BSB and as all the rounds of this are being held on the Sundays that I work guess my days of watching racing are over
Old 18-Apr-2004, 17:31
Mille

Mood: Shiney
The diffrence with Tamada was there was aggresive contact, where as for Rossi and Biaggi there was`nt.

Tamada was hard done by anyway and should never have been penalised.
Old 18-Apr-2004, 17:38
500SD

I agree with your point about Tamada being done by but as Rossi actually barged Biaggi off line then the rule (Whether we agree with it or not) should apply to him as well. It is as I said in any sport now the top money men are excempt the rules that effect others. The only exception being F1 where they keep changing the rules to stop Schumachers dominance of the championship
Old 18-Apr-2004, 18:00
BSB Star

All I saw was Rossi running wide...... Yes it stopped Biaggi re-passing him, but it did look like Rossi went in a bit hot. I've seen the same move been done lots of times. Never saw Biaggi bitching about it, did you?
Now, Tamada and Gib last year was a little differant, as was Hopper with Checa, Bayliss and Edwards. Tamada as i saw it rammed Gib out the way on the way into a right hander. And, if i remember, Rossi was givin a 10 second for breaking rules.

I thought the GP race was great, shame the 'sedici was not to form, and feel for Xaus and Hodgie. I thought both were improving through the weekend on older kit. Xaus, was proved was pushing it yesterday in qualifying, hopw D'antin have a large bodywork budget. Good to see Shakey beat Jezza as well. Bayliss, .

WSB, wow, Chili nuff said. Toseland Least he's still young, and lot to learn. Laconi. I still don't know how he got that ride to be honest.
Old 18-Apr-2004, 18:52
500SD

Yes Rossi was given 10 seconds for overtaking on yellow flags. Many other riders have been excluded for this offence.
I am taking nothing away from Rossi's skill as he is obviously one of the all time greats. this is even more reason why he should be treated the same as anyone else.My point was that being a 2 wheeled version of Schumacher i.e. in a class of his own will eventually have the same effect as Schumacher has in F1 and kill a lot of peoples interest in the sport.I have been watching bike racing since the late 50s and it is only in recent years that I have found it becomeing boreing. Of course there have been a few exceptions like Chilli performance today but some of the riding has become shall we say ungentlemanly to say the least. One of the worst examples being Capriossi's move on Harada to win the 250 championship.
Old 18-Apr-2004, 19:12
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
OK ****g me off later! but the point must be this !
lets say you had 20 riders & 20 bikes

and the riders skills vary in the same way as the bikes handling and performance do!

What do you think the end of season results would be if all the riders swapped bikes every race
ie, every rider got to ride a briil bike and a crap bike in turn!!!!!!!

answer. rossie would win again
why because he's got talent
and the same would happen in F1

just except the fact that shuey and rossie are the doggs bollies
Old 18-Apr-2004, 19:57
500SD

Hey I'm not ****ging anyone off!
At no time did I say that Rossi Schuey were not the top men, If you read my posts thats exactly what they are. I have been a Schey fan since his pre F1 days.
It is the fact that they are so good that it annoys me when they resort to questionanable tactics and are allowed to get away with it
I was also making the point that domination by one person or team is not good for the sport. why do think attendances and viewing figures for F1 are down. I find it a bit like watching a replay of a football match when I already know the result
Old 18-Apr-2004, 20:33
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Rocker
Not havin a dig at u mate! and totally agree! but those 2 guys are just the messengers in their given sport. We really need to look at the hype, the 'fat cats' and the fact that the sport we so much love had gone away from riders competing with each other to l'ets see how much money we can throw at this bloke to get him to the top!' People like Jaques Villneuve, Damon Hill spring to mind.
Just my point of view.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit