Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jun-2018, 22:16
Bikes: 749 - 2005 - yellow

Question 749 in need of help

Hi

I am in need of some assistance, I bought a yellow 749 just under two years ago, it had some issues, but I didn't want anything that was perfect as I wanted a project. I took it to be serviced and some new parts and it ran quite well, then stopped. my diagnosis was fuel pump really, which i then stripped down the side of the bike and replaced.

However we had just bought a VW T5 to convert to a camper van, which is now pretty much complete and now it is time to sort the bike.

I thought the best thing to do was to reassemble all the bits and try and fire her up to make sure she still runs, then carry on with the restoration, however I have sat out there tonight trying to work out how the heat shield goes on behind the battery box and how the battery box fixes back onto the frame.

If any of you guys have any pictures of the heat shield in place and what fixings are used, I would be very grateful, also I have about 4 sets of cables from the battery box which need connecting.

What is the best way to clean up the battery box as it is very grubby, when i searched online for photos, everybody's seem to be very shiny.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Old 13-Jun-2018, 21:26
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Pg 52/53 any help?

Good Luck

http://issuu.com/ducatiomaha/docs/74...22863/10927228
Old 13-Jun-2018, 21:33
Bikes: 749 - 2005 - yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss

Thanks, I will bookmark that link.